THE dumbest question in the world

ok i know this may sound sooo dumb but i need to ask it ... when i had my son i put on alot of weight and my cheeks blew up! sooo my question is

does chewing gum make you loose your chubby ckeeks?

if not then what will!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• LMAO!!!!! WOW!!! :D Uuuhhmmmm!! I never really thought about that before! Well-...I would guess so, I mean-...there IS some muscle in our cheeks, it would make sense, right? LOL, I've never heard a question like this! I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of you or anything; it's just I've really never heard a question like that! LOL, :D WOW! Good question!
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 10:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No, it won't do anything but give you a sore jaw.
    SO many women have this distorted view that all you have to is focus on your most hated part and you can just fix that. But it doesn't work that way. First of all, weight comes off in it's own format. Some say where ever you nave the most, some say where ever you gained it last will be the first to go...blah blah. But you have to exercise your WHOLE body in order to see effective results. If you start exercising and losing weight, your face will get thinner as well.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• And even lets say, that she did get "muscly" from chewing gum...working out your muscles causes them to get bigger...not smaller.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I guess, they say if you chew a lot of gum it makes your jaw big. So muscle burns fat, so if your making your muscles bigger in your cheeks then your getting rid of the fat and replacing it with muscle. So it might just stay the same size, it just won't be fat, it'll be muscle.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Try Kiss The Sky. Tilt your head back a tiny bit (not so far that you hurt your neck) pucker your lips as though you are kissing, and roll the kiss around in a circle a few times each direction.

Try Silent Scream: Open your mouth as wide as you can as if you are screaming. Then relax. Repeat a few times.

Here's another. Puff your cheeks full of air and release. Do a few times a day.

LOL! It is amazing the information I have tucked away in my mind but can't remember so much other stuff.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Um, never heard that one. I don't think it was a dumb question, it does make me think though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• no it won't, it's excersising your jaw, not cheeks. and what will is weight loss. some people gain/lose weight in diff areas though. i gained a lot in my face immediately when i was pregnant but now they're back to normal since i lost the weight (or most of it anyways ha)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009