I have a lot of questions...

Is it okay to eat chocolate while I'm breastfeeding?
Can I feed my 6 week old baby food?
Is it okay to let my baby scream herself to sleep?
Isn't bottle feeding better than breastfeeding?
Will co-sleeping cause my baby to be clingy?
Can I give my 6 month old koolaid?
Can I get trashed while I breastfeed?
Can I take my 2 month out in public?

Hey people, have you ever heard of BOOKS? Or google? Try it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL...I thought this was serious at first.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Whats the point of Answers if they JUST use google or books? I mean I agree to an extent. You've got to look outside of just us moms. But sometimes its nice to get an answer from experienced moms. IF you don't like it, why are you even in this part of cafe mom?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• eating chocolate would be a proble I don't think, but I am not sure. I know you shouldn't drink a lot of caffine, but with chocolate I am not sure. I would think it would be ok though.
    6 weeks should not be eating baby food yet they can't digest it real well yet. The earliest I fed my baby food was 3 or 3.5 months.
    At 6 weeks I don't think it is ok to let them scream themselves to sleep. They are oviously crying for something wanting something that young.
    Achually breastfeeding is better than formula although not everyone can breastfeed or has there own thoughts of why they don't breastfeed.
    I slept with my DD (oldest) wehn she was real little it was the only thing that made her sleep and she wasn't clingy, but she wouldn't sleep in her own bed.
    I would not give a 6 month old koolaide. All I gave my 6 months old at this age was water, formula and or breast milk or no more than 4 oz of gerber juice a day
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It's fine to eat chocolate while BF
    No, don't feed a 6wk old baby food.. wait til 4-6 months.. the doctor will let you know when.
    it's ok to let the baby scream herself to sleep.. most babies do this for 30-90 min.. check on her every 5-15 min.. if she seems overly upset, don't pick her up but turn the light on and talk to her reassuringly for no longer than 1 min (of course make sure she's not hungry)
    It generally a preferance bottle feeding to breastfeeding.. breastmilk is always better for baby but that doesn't mean formula is bad
    Co-Sleeping will make your baby a bit more clingy
    Don't give a 6month old koolaid... try apple or white grape juice diluted and only UP to 4oz a day
    If you're drunk do NOT breastfeed... if you plan on getting trashed, pump milk before hand or formula feed then after you're sober pump and dump once or twice
    Taking a 2month old out in public is perfectly fine
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ok now the trash part makes me think this is a stupid question of course you cant get trashed when you breast feed why would you even as a parent???
    Why wouldn't you be able to take your 2 month old out in public???

Ok I guess I should had finished reading the pst before I answered it lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Definitely go ahead with the chocolate
    I definitely wouldn't recommend the baby food that early
    I also wouldn't recommend letting the baby cry herself to sleep (different people have different perspectives on that), but especially at this age, the baby just needs the comfort of mommy
    Breastfeeding is the best thing you can do for your baby. Formula doesn't provide all the nutrients breastmilk does, and breastmilk gives the baby your immunities, so s/he's less likely to get sick.
    Co-sleeping won't cause a clingy baby and it's much more convenient for you to not have to get up in the night to nurse.
    Definitely wouldn't give a 6 month old koolaid- it's just sugar and water
    I assume you're talking about drinking when you say get trashed, I wouldn't but I don't drink, so I'm not sure, but would imagine that it would transfer to the baby through your milk
    Take the two month old out, the fresh air is good for you both
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Take two chill pills and call yourself a (*)(^)&^ in the morning.
    Anonymous

• This was a waste of a question.... come on, if people want to ask what you think is a stupid question, let them. If you dont want to answer, dont. This was just needless and kinda rude. Keep it to yourself next time. Thanks. =)
    Anonymous

• BOOK DON"T ALWAYS HAVE THE CORRECT ANSWERS!!!! A mothers instinct is usually the best answer and if someone would liek to know wa\hat other moms think then let the girl ask. If you hate all the questions so much why do you look?? And why do you need to hide behind an anonymous answer to bash people? All you are is a coward who thinks your better then everyone. Grow up!
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't think I'm better than anybody, just more educated. I mean, who would really even consider giving an infant KOOLAID?? (Somebody really did ask a question about that)

People need to start using their brains, maybe pick up a book or talk to a doctor sometime....And stop asking ridiculous questions. Sometimes I think women ask these questions just looking for somebody to tell them that it's okay to do something stupid.

I was just trying to have some fun, as I've been annoyed today.
    Anonymous