• In the Spotlight:

My 17 month old is in a size 6 diaper, next is pullups, he is not ready for potty training, any ideas?

He is not ready for potty training and from my understanding, pull ups are not made for everyday diaper use. I dont know what to do about this, any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cloth! That's what we're doing with my son who is autistic and won't be ready for potty training for quite some time. You can have them custom made to any size, or make them yourself.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I had the same questions "whats next?"
    dd is now 2 and has slimmed down and is back into a 5 at 2yrs old.He'll start to slim down when he is running more and hits sa growth spurt and probably go down a size or the 6's will fit perfect.dont worry its a headache over nothing!
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 10:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Pampers Cruisers now come in a size 7. But I agree with lindasmama. Chances are he'll slim down & the size 6 will be ok.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 6:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• How much does your child weigh? Are you sure they are in the right size diaper? Pampers cruisers, for instance, size 6 is for 35 pounds and up. Does your 17 month old weigh more than 40 pounds or so?
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son was in a size 6, also at around that age. He's 2 now and back to a 5 like a PP's child... they start movin' around and start thinning out as they get taller and more active. As for the PP question about your son's weight being more than 40... my son is 2 and has NEVER been more than 35 lbs... but due to diaper rashes, his comfort, and so on I put him in whatever fits him, not based on what the diaper manufacturers weight suggestions are. Do what makes your son comfy.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I gotcha, momma....I have a big boy (25/26 pounds - it has been a couple months since he was weighed) Anyways, he is still in a size four, so I just thought the OP may have had her son in too big of a diaper. But, what you say makes since.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Thanks... didn't mean to come off so rude, sorry! It was late last night when I wrote that and now that I'm rereading it, I didn't word it quite how I meant it. You have a good point too, and actually a salesperson at wal-mart asked me once why I was buying bigger diapers since my son was obviously not whatever the weight on the box said... I just prefer to let him breathe a little, not too tight that he has a constant diaper rash or a baby thong and not too loose that he leaks.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009