recipe help pls ladies

I need some dinner recipes that make lots of leftovers for my family of six, if i can do leftovers a couple nights a week would save me lots...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cincinnati-Chili-I/Detail.aspx

here's a recipe for cincinnati chili.  it's served over spaghetti noodles with cheese, onions, hot sauce.  (kind of like a chlii mac) soooooooooo good.  this isn't the same recipe i use, but similar. it always has leftovers... i usually double my recipe and freeze a ton.

i have a recipe for chicken/turkey  tetrazzini that could feed an army.  pm me if you want it.

abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Lasagna is a good one for leftovers.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I roast two chickens at the same time. Whole chickens go for about $.69 a lb around here on sale. Well, we have roast chicken one night and chicken and dumplings, or chicken and noodles, or chicken tetrazzini the next. If I'm really careful I can get 3 or 4 meals out of it, and oh is quick and easy to have cooked chicken on hand!

I will also buy and roast a whole pork tenderloin when it's on sale at no more than 1.99 a lb. You can slice it and freeze it, and then pan sear and serve with apple sauce or whatever in like seconds. Roasting is really easy and doesn't require much more than salt and pepper and oil for new comers. As you get more comfy you can add other spices.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I make taco filling and use it for different things. You can do this by cooking 3 lb ground turkey (the frozen Louis Rich brand in the red roll is cheaper than ground beef and healthier) then add in 2 cans of refried beans and 2 packets of taco seasoning along with 1/4-1/2 cup of broth or water, and heat through. For burritos you can serve it on flour tortillas with cheese and whatever toppings you have on hand like sour cream, lettuce, tomato, etc. Nachos just top with the meat mixture and add some shredded cheese. Enchiladas, just roll the mixture up in corn tortillas, top with enchilada sauce and cheese, and bake. It's all cheap, fairly healthy and filling. That amount of mixture normally feeds our family of 5 two good meals.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Also, crock pot roast pork. Peel and halve 6 potatoes, add 3 carrots cut into big chunks, and one onion cut into quarters into the bottom of a crock pot with 1 cup chicken or beef broth or water. Take a 3-4 lb pork shoulder roast (boneless or bone in), and put it fat side up on the vegetables. Rub with McCormicks pork rub or your own mixture made by combining 1/4 cup brown sugar with a pinch each of ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder. Rub this all over the pork. Put the lid on the crock pot and let cook on low 8-10 hours or high 5-6 hours. The first night, slice half the pork and serve it with the carrots and potatoes and some bread. Then before you put the pork away, shred the rest of it in the juices that are left in the crock pot.. Transfer to a bowl and store in the fridge. The next night, use the pork to make pulled pork sandwiches. Very yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• start by checking the sales at you local store, stock up and go from there. why cook a lot of stuff that is not on sale or in season. do the shopping THEN do the recipes!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2009