Does this annoy anyone else?

When a guy refers to his wife as his "old lady"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh I hate it!!! If my hubby ever called me that I think I would make him sleep on the couch for months..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I can't stand to hear someone refer to their wife/girlfriend in those terms!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes! It hasn't happened to me, but it is annoying to hear . . just like, the old ball and chain!! That is just plain wrong!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I HATE it, and if my husband is smart he never will say that. Just because I'm a wife doesn't mean I automatically become the "old lady."
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ugh, hate it. Hubby, jokingly, refers to me as "The General" at work (he's a police officer), but I think it's funny. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 10:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• eh. ...if they've been married for a long time it doesnt really bother me. I dont call my husband my ole man and i certianly dont want him calling me his old lady. ...but i have known some couples that have. it doesnt really bother me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Not really I think it kinda sweet actually he is my old man so why would it bother me to be his old lady
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• To me, it's right up there with "baby daddy".

I really don't like that one - what does it mean? That this guy is the father of your baby but nothing at all to you? Did you just use him to get pregnant?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't particuarlly like it but I really don't care what he calls me as long as he ain't calling me something derogatory.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I *really* dislike the "old man/lady" references.
    I dislike "baby daddy/mama" even more.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 10:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009