I have not had a period since Jan. Mar.1 I spotted then stop, took test it came back neg.

Want to know if I took test to soon or could it be something else

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why did you post this question twice if it hasn't even been answered yet?
    Anonymous

• no you didnt take the test to early if your last period was in january...if the test came back negative I would make an appt and ask the dr. to do one. But, if your under alot of stress that can cause you to miss a period as well. Take another test...if it still says negative then call your doctor. Oh, and I recommend using a different brand...just in case!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• if u took it n it was neg, it shuld b a neg. A preg test wuld tell u if u were almost 2 months!!!
    Anonymous

• Hey, I just went through a very similar situation. My last cycle was in Jan. and I was late. Four home tests and one blood test all came back negative. I finally started 10 days after I was supposed to. It could be stress, it could be a hormonal imbalance, it could be your thyroid. I still have an apt with my OBGYN and I am going to have my hormone levels and thyroid tested. I wouldn't say you're not pregnant, because I don't know when you're period was due but from what I understand your HCG levels will show up about 14 days after conception. If you were to get pregnant "after" ovulation then it would obviously show up later than the date of your missed period. Go get some blood work done, just to make sure!!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 11:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• there are such things as false negs ladies! my friend took a preg test it was neg she went to the dr found out only through an ultrasound she was 4m prego! the preg hormone never showed in anything not even a blood test! so besides a missed period she had no clue!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2009