When you go to bed is your house in perfect order?

I try so hard to keep everything clean and organized and it just seems as if its a never ending battle. I can't get everything done I would be up all night. Anyone else feel the same way?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 10:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I can't even being to fathom this question....
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That's a battle I have no desire to win. Life's too short, and there's too much internet to explore....lol.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I use to feel that way but I got over it! :-) Sometimes my house is in order when I got to bed but most of the time it's not. I have other things to do besides spend my life cleaning the house. :-) I'm in nursing school and my kids are teenagers (one is in the Air Force and not at home), they can pick up after themselves and my DH can do the same.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have OCD....which is the bane of my existance however..there are parts of it that are good..this would be one of them..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Heheheheheheheheheheheheheh!

Gave that one up long ago. Perfection is WAAAAAAY overrated.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i use to belike that then i had my 3rd child and yeah i totally gave up.... lifes to short to worry about a mess! plus the kids are just going to mess it all up again lol
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 1:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My house is never in perfect order. Ever.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• ohhhh great im the freak!! ): my house is in perfect order when i go to bed right down to my coffee cup and spoon ready for me in the am. the only thing out of order is a plate and fork from dh's dinner. but will be washed in the am. i feel better when i wake up to a clean house. now by day forget it with a 3 year old i wait to dinner time to clean and pick up. then hes in bed. but i do pick up threw out the day but dont get down and dirty till later.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm like you tabbys4. I can't go to sleep unless my house is at least half-way decent (I prefer perfect lol) or I toss and turn all night thinking about what I need to take care of when I wake up lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• WHAT???? Perfect order? Is that even possible without hired help? Oh yes, I AM the hired help! I clean OTHER people's houses, and when I get home, I go visiting at cafemom!!! I was a perfectionist when I was FIRST a mom, but children rapidly cured me of THAT. So, I make other people happy with THEIR perfect homes, and come home and ENJOY mine! It's clean enough to be healthy, and messy enough to be happy. That's all that matters. Besides, it's job security that will ALWAYS be there, as long as you are living in it, it will need SOMETHING!!! Life is short, so enjoy the present!
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 3:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009