how do you die your hair bright colors??(pink, blue, red...) HELP!!

i want to die my hair myself some color besides the boring brown, blond, and black.. but im not sure how to get a good turn out or what products to use OR even how i want to do it. if anyone has any styles for hair or knows what products to use let me know:) thanks!

whitt655

Asked by whitt655 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Is your hair light or dark to begin with? If it's already blonde you can probably just get the color from Sallys (or local beauty supply store) - My friend in HS used to love to do funky colors and to get them their brightest she'd bleach the sections of hair first then add the color...but again if you're already blonde I don't feel you need to go that far; but if you have dark hair then yeah you might...she used to use Manic Panic; it's pretty vibrant; lol

http://www.manicpanic.com/dyepage1.html

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well I have dark brown hair and I would have to bleach it first and THEN color it. Its cute but damaging to your hair.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• BY THE WAY.. my hair is medium brown, guess i should have said that to begin with!
    whitt655

Answer by whitt655 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah - if your hair is anything other than a light blonde already, you'll need to pre-lighten it. Then take that strand you want and put your funky color over it. Manic panic works, but it fades really fast (depending on your hair). If you can get your hands on professional stuff, Paul Mitchell Inkworks works good (i use that in my hair). It still fades fast, but not as fast or as blah as some others. Also, theres a brand called chromosilk (i believe), also professional, that i've seen the pink last for a long time. But if you dont mind re-touching often, Manic Panic or even Special Effects (Hot topic stores) will work just fine. But yeah, in re-cap, the best results will come on pre-lightened hair.
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• BLEECH IT 1ST
    Anonymous

• There's a really nice product called manic panic you can find at a sallys or on sallybeauty.com  it comes in all different fun colors from purple to green and it works great on dark hair, very inexpensive but it is semi permanent but that can be good specially if you want to change it from time to time. Requires no bleaching and doesn't damage your hair.

nolika625

Answer by nolika625 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sally's Beauty Supply has a line of products that dye your hair the bright colors. My friends high schooler used it and she has dark hair and didn't have to dye it beforehand to get the color on well and it washes out after a few weeks without damaging your hair (from what I remember her daughter telling me) You should try it out. They only have one line up at Sally's like that so it will be the one! They have a website too if you don't have one in your area. I wouldn't suggest bleaching your hair first and then putting another dye on it and all of that. Your hair could fall out from all of the overprocessing! Hot Topic has dyes too but they don't work as well. GL
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm always dying my hair, pink, red, blonde, black, or a mixture.... It wont fall out, the above is selling something!!!! Contact me... I'll tell you all, and show you pics of my ever changing hair!!!
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 9:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2009