I have an extremely pukey baby any suggestions?

She been to the doctor every week they keep telling me theres nothing wrong with her and act like i dont feed her. they want her to eat every 2 hours so i get lil sleep. she was diaganosted w failure to thirive last month she 2 months old. Ive tried every thing burping more gas drops reflux meds cerel in the bottle nothings working im bout to loose it she gains not a alot but 3 to 4 ounces a week they say that it should be more. she been in the hospitail twice they say that theres not a reson for it . im doing what i can.

mom-2-be675

Asked by mom-2-be675 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I saw something like this on mystery diagnosis on discovery health...take her to a different dr. they are missing something. there is normally a reason for a child not gaining weight.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• agreed. I would definitely seek out a second opinion. If you're doing everything and anything you can think of - and everything the doc can think of - its time to get a second opinion. Good luck mommy. My heart is with you
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What is wrong with that dr? Please see a different one and keep us posted.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 11:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sounds like she has some pretty bad reflux.
    What tests have they done? Have the done a swallow study to see how bad her reflux is?
    Also does she sleep at an incline, stay at an incline for at least 30 mins after eating, eat small frequent meals, try different meds, Change formula (as directed by your doctor)
    I would see a GI specialist for this ASAP
    Sometimes children even need surgery to fix this!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If she is throwing up after every meal she could have abdominal stenosis, which can be very serious and require surgery. Get a second opinion soon. You might try Little Remedies Gripe Water, it is natural and has ginger to calm the tummy. I've heard it works miracles.
    soonergirl83

Answer by soonergirl83 at 2:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would get a second opinion! Did you use over the counter reflux meds or RX? Also, like Ami said, does she eat at on incline, which could help?
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009