TMI ...If plain yogurt is good for yeast infections does that mean I can sort of paste my vajayjay with it?

Would that be a natural and effective remedy? I'm totally serious! Lol, it worked for my daughters thrush so why not on contact for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• This question isn't ignorant at all. Look at a zillion health websites OR ask a doctor, natural yogurt (with NO SUGAR!) is often rubbed directly onto the vagina or even used as a suppository to cure yeast infections. Seriously, ask your doctor and he'll tell you. Looks like you're not the one who is ignorant after all.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ummmmm, I think they mean eat it.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• YEA EAT IT- I DONT THINK YOUD WANT IT DOWN THERE.
    Anonymous

• I think you are supposed to eat it and rub it on your vajayjay. Or do you rub it on there then eat it? Wait, I dunno. Why don't you eat half of it then rub the rest on it and see how it works!
    Anonymous

• That's just the most ignorant question I've heard all week - please be a joke....
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It has been speculated that yogurt, either ingested by mouth or applied directly to the vagina, could supplement vaginal lactobacillus to compete with the yeast.

Although this is an interesting theory, no studies support the use of yogurt to treat yeast infections. When taken by mouth, the lactobacillus in yogurt often does not survive the passage through the strong acid environment of the stomach. Also, the bacteria in yogurt do not readily attach and colonize the gastrointestinal tract or vagina. Instead of yogurt, vaginal yeast infections should be treated with anti-yeast medications such as the imidazoles.

Yep I'm ignorant - ok whatever you say.....you can find anything you want online to support any theory you have - this question is like those bad jokes from the 80's...a girl goes to her dr surprised she is preg; you said use jelly; what kind did you use? Welch's...doh!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Actually that information came straight from my doctor....but thanks. Lots of things can be cured homeopathically for those of us who care to do a little research instead of pouring money into big pharma so they can poison us. I enjoy being healthy. Maybe just me though. *shrug*

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• right so because you heard it from one Dr and I heard it from one Dr and she heard something different from her Dr makes them all correct; right? Whatever - believe what you want; smear dairy products into a warm damp body orifice & make yourselves smell like rotten funk I don't really care...

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Actually it works very nicely. What is it about someone curing a medical problem with a home remedy that makes you so upset and defensive? I'm just not sure I understand.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• lol - not upset or defensive at all...just amazed that people would still believe old wives tales...yes there are homeopathic remedies and all natural cures that work for some issues; we use several in our family. Your fine to believe what you want just as I am fine to believe that shoving yogurt up your 'stuff' isn't going to do anything other than rot...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009