In these economic times.....

do you still plan on vactioning this year? We go to the lake for a weekend every month and in June we go for a week.

Where are you going and how different are your vacations from the past to how they're gonna be this year?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• once my husband gets some leave time we are going to go back home (MD) and visit family for 2 weeks...we're thinking like june...

micah everyone is affected differently... tonahave people are losing their jobs and houses, etc.... were in the army so we are secure, but money is tight, i can't afford no $5 coffee...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We have a trip planed to go to the beach. It is quite expensive and my dh is complaining about the cost of everything. OY! He plans the vacations.
    So the answer is yes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• We're lucky because hubby is in the Army so it hasn't effected us. I'm very grateful for that. Our vacations depend on where we're stationed. Our next vacation is going to be China or Thailand (we've been to both but I LOVE Thailand).

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 11:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If the economic times were as hard on people as they say they are, we wouldn't have money for vacations! People really don't see that? People still go out to eat all the time, I see people in Starbucks. If times were that hard, would we have money for $5 drinks?
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• And yes, we're going to the East coast to visit my family for our son's first birthday
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Planning a road trip half-way cross country, and back through to see family. Then a long weekend back to college for alumni weekend.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We've never gone on vacations because we couldn't afford them. Actually we could now. We might go visit some family this summer. We couldn't last year because of the gas prices (it's an 8 hour drive).
    The only vacations we have been on were our honeymoon to Disney World in 2000 (before kids) and we went to Maine in 2004 (without the kids).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We're going to Australia for xmas...
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 8:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We won't be going anywhere this summer, but will try to plan at least one special day with the girls. They want a day at that Busch Gardens water park we have here down in Williamsburg. I won't go, but I know they'll have a blast. A fun thing the girls also like to do during the summer is to set up out tents in our large yard and "camp out" on the less humid nights - inviting friends over is tons of fun, too, when they do that. Also, we do a celebration barbecue for the girls at the end of the school year where they invite all their friends and make a fun day of food, games, and being silly. I guess we just make our own fun and mini "vacations" right here at home - always have. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009