Would you let you 16 yr old smoke pot in your house?

My friend lets her 16 yr old son smoke pot in the house because she says"He's going to do it somewhere it might as well be in the house".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• This question is absolutely insane!! NO WAY! Idc how much it's "not that bad" its still illegal, its NO BETTER than cigarettes, and what kind of message is being sent her. Sounds like mom needs help and her kid. She obviously was exposed and it was ok when she was younger. Apples dont fall far from a tree, even if its branches are broke! P.S. I wld light my kid up (figuratively) if he ever pulled that one!!
    cksem

Answer by cksem at 7:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• He's the kid sleeping with the other poster's daughter today!!! LOL!!
    Anonymous

• No unfortunately I wouldn't just because it's illegal. Otherwise I would.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No way. That's such skewed mentality. Of course he'll be doing it elsewhere, his mom allows it at home! He's going to think it's okay.
    If she didn't allow it at home that wouldn't mean he'd be doing it elsewhere. Lots of teens don't smoke pot!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well..........its illegal. I dont smoke it, but dont have a problem with adults who have jobs and are mature about it, smoking it. I dont thik I"d allow my teen to smoke it in my house.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Never! And the mom's attitude I don't agree with. My parents raised 4 girls and not one of us ever tried drugs, including marijuana. They just taught us right.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Uh no; but I do remember a certian friends mom had that same attitude about alcohol when I was a teen and I thought that was cool then...now; yeah I'm seeing the problem...lol
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think a lot of parents what to be" cool ' and forget they are parents. First and foremost you cannot be friends with your kids; you're the adult so act like it.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yes i would, but i would tell him it is bad because its ilegal but i rather him doit at home with me then get behind the wheel of his car and kill himself or someone else... it dont matter soon it wont matter everyone will be able to smoke it no questions asked
    Anonymous

• Welll actually even if my 23 year old lived in my home, he'd have to respect that I did not want an illegal substance in my home.

Period.

If it becoems illegal he'd have to respect I don't want a pot head in my home, go get a job and you rown place to do it!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009