What is your child(ren)'s routine everyday?

Billi_S

Asked by Billi_S at 11:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• wake up, eat, pee, play, crap, nap, eat, play, crap, pee, eat, play, bath, bed . . lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My son gets up at 7 everyday, gets dressed, brushes teeth, I comb his hair (he does this weird combover thing if I don't). If he finishes up everything he needs to do to be ready for school he gets about 10 minutes of TV. Then its off to school where he stays til 3:15ish. I pick him up, he comes home and does everything from his chore list while having a snack or a drink, whatever he wants. His chores include homework, feeding and watering the cats, bring out his laundry and anything else random I need him to do (throwing trash or unloading dishes usually). Then my little TV addict likes to play some video games or watch TV if it's not pretty enough outside to play. At 6 I start cooking dinner, he sometimes helps. We eat, hang out until about 7 then he gets in the shower, brushes teeth and gets all PJed up and ready for bed. Then we read a book and he is in bed at 8. rinse and repeat!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• On school days:
    up at 6:45am. They get their own breakfast and then get dressed for school.
    7:40am we are out the door to walk to school.
    7:50-2:20 school for the older kids
    for the younger kid (3):
    snack around 9am
    lunch at 11am
    snack at 1pm
    maybe a nap in there somewhere (highly doubtful any more, though)

Then the kids get home and do homework and the 4 of them play until dinner at 5pm. Then they eat and watch TV until bedtime at 7pm.

On the weekends they do whatever, we have no routine other then lunch at 11pm.
    The older kids have classes at our park on certain days after school which causes great insanity around here.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter is 6 mos.
    Up around 9ish, dress her, change diaper, take a wash cloth, wipe down, lotion, clean in nose and ears, clip nails if needed.
    Watch movie together while she eats formula and a bit of baby food. Play in her exersaucer, talk and sing to me while i vaccumm or fold laundry. between 12-1 she goes for a nap, and i can do whatever.. workout mostly, she gets up, eats baby food, we watch another movie while she plays. while im cooking we go sing the alphabet, and try saying mamma and daddy.
    around 6:30 she goes for a bath and we play there for about 45 mis.. any earlier im dealing with a VERY crabby baby that wont sleep lol
    and then we read two stories, give her some formula and she's alseep by about 7:30 at the latest.
    Pretty easy day, and if it's nice out we go for a walk after the first nap
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Mine are 11, 10, and 4. Weekdays:

7 AM wake up, get ready for school
    7:40 out the door for school--drop the oldest off at the bus stop for middle school, take the other 2 to school (DD is in preschool 800-1030)
    8-230- School for my 10 year old
    8-305- School for my 11 year old
    FOR MY DD-
    1030-11 Snack/tv time
    11-1 Activities at the YMCA
    1-2 Lunch
    2-430 Play time
    4:30-5 Get the boys ready for soccer practice
    5-630 Soccer practice twice a week/Homework time the rest of the week
    630-730 Dinner
    730-8 Showers/bedtime routine
    8 PM- Lay down to read
    9 PM lights out

Thats a BASIC schedule of ours lol. There are occasionally other things that happen of course.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It depends on the day. The general outline is roughly...

8am breakfast
    11:30am lunch
    1-3 nap for the youngest
    3:30 snack
    5:30 supper
    8pm bed

Into all that, add speech and/or OT for each, preschool for two of them, doctor's appointments, gym classes, swimming lessons, peer group and the usual play, TV, pee, poops, etc....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OMG...
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 8:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2009