does anyone feel guilty for not spending the time you would like with your family and how do you deal with it .

i work 12 hour days and i know i do it for them all and all my free time i spent with my family but sometimes i cant help but feel guilty for not always being there . i know alot of us go through this tell me about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work from home and there have been times I felt guilty that I didn't take my kids outside today. But I just remember that they are the reason I do what I do. And that when I am earning 6 or 7 figures in 5 years and can retire I know it's worth it. They are the reason I work the way I do... SO I just need to stick it out a little longer!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I do. I work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm at Walmart, which is a very busy store. By the time I get home I am tired. All I want to do is go to bed but I have to cook dinner and help with homework. I try to plan activities for my family on the weekend.
    Shnntt1125

Answer by Shnntt1125 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think everyone has a bit of guilt that they feel at one time or another. And regardless of whether you work at home, or you have a full time job, there are times when you feel guilty or wish you were doing more with them.
    Personally I find that by actually setting a schedule for work, family time & even household chores, etc. I don't feel guilty when I'm working and wish I was playing with the kids, and I don't feel like I should be working when I'm trying to enjoy my time with them either.
    That has been the most helpful for me and it may help you also.
    Good Luck!
    cberney

Answer by cberney at 8:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009