How many times a day should a 4 yr old pee?

My husband has twin 4 yr old boys the one goes to the bathroom like every 10 minutes it seems like. Sometimes he just goes in there and doesnt even go. Should he be seen by a doctor or is this go away on its own?

tber22

Asked by tber22 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he probably just thinks the bathroom is fun. you can get him checked out for a bladder infection, but if hes not actually peeing when he goes in every time, then i doubt that its a problem.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My 5 year old son does the same thing. I've asked him why he goes so often and asked if it was painful. He said he just likes to go as soon as he feels that he has some. I guess the feeling of having some in there bugs him. He doesn't like to hold it long at all.

My other son (4) will hold it in until he's dancing around in circles and barely makes it on time!

I'd be sure to ask him if it hurts at all. He could have an infection but he could just be like my oldest.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'd rather have it that way than the way it is with my son. He waits so long, that he's dancing in circles and crying while he tries to pull his pants down without peeing in them. He's almost four, but I still have to pull his pants down for him, most of the time, so that he can continue dancing, to stop himself from peeing long enough to get into position. He still has accidents sometimes, because of that.
    If it's an infection, it probably hurts, ask him. Otherwise, he just doesn't like to hold it. No biggie.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009