if your house is in foreclosure and going to be on the auction block via sherriff's sale in 12 days can you still get a bailout?

just curious...
Afriend of mine has to be out of her house in 12 days but is positive her house will be saved by the bailout. She isn't even packing because she is so sure that her home will be saved by this! If it were me I would have everything in storage just in case. Hey when that sherriff comes knocking he does not give you time to pack! and you will have to leave everything behind!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, goodness, she's putting all her eggs into one basket! For her sake I hope she's right but I wouldn't be taking a chance on it! I wish her all the best!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Absolutely it will not. Even if she would qualify for help, there is not enough time to do the paperwork and bank negotiations. It's not like they will be cutting checks. Tell her to pack.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I feel she should pack! but she refuses to budge! Guess she will have to learn the hard way that when the serriff shows up she won't have but more then 5 minutes to pack up..and they have alot of nice things too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• do you know what bank her mortgage is through because it really makes a difference?

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Here is a link with some info I found. It should help you see if she falls in the helped or not helped category!

http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/20/news/economy/foreclosure_underwater_jobless/index.htm

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It really depends on the sherriff dept of where she lives. If she is to the point of sheriff coming then she is past help. Seriously foreclosures normally take 3-4 months in late payments and then 6-8 additional months in the courts. I voted for Obama but you can't except a person to save you. She needed to be proactive not waiting for a free pass.

Marcy Kaptur has stated to become a squatter in your home (she is pissed about the bailouts and voted them all down) but at the same time your friend had lots of warning. She may have another month but I would be moving or have a strong back up plan. You don't want your kids or neighbors watching you get evicted. If she chooses to stay and force the police to evict her that is teaching her kids to break the laws. I wouldn't want my kids learning things like that because of my mistakes.

I am going to lose my home and I don't except a bailout we have a plan B.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I "love" how individual homeowners, think they can just expect a "bailout" by "waiting and seeing!" Absolutely pathetic, and the reason they are in the predicament they're in today! Corporations left and right are being given endless amounts of money that continue to get swallowed up by the black hole of a poor economy, and people REALLY believe somehow Obama is worried about John and Jane living on Main Street USA, hoping he'll send them a check?!

Now you understand why so many of us refer to the drinking of the Kool Aid! Newsflash! Obama GOT your vote, that's ALL he cared about, he doesn't care about you, never has, never will, but you just keep believing the fairy tales he's telling, and try to convince yourself he's "different!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Bailout by whom?? She has until the day before to come up with the money and wire it to the mortgage co, but by the time it gets to the courthouse steps...its too late. Theres no one thats going to pay this for her. So she needs to either come up with the money, or start packing. Its difficult, I know. I have been there.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Tell her to get in her private jet and fly to Washington and request a bailout in person. Seems to work for all the "excessively rich and obviously irresponsible with their businesses" people.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 9:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i call bull.. the op is just looking for drama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2009