Whats wrong with me????

I am 34 weeks and lately my belly has started to stay hard and I get period like cramps what is this ?? I feel feel crampness and even typing this my belly is rock hard and its got spider veins all over it should I be concerned??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you could be having Braxton-Hicks contractions. Does your belly relax after a little bit? Mine has a habit of doing the same, they're practice contractions that get a little more intense as we near our due dates. Your body is prepping for birth.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 11:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• are you a small framed person? My stomach was rock hard for the last 3 months of pregnancy because the baby was taking up all the room in there. It got worse when I was having the braxton hicks. But the veins i wouldnt wory about, but if it bothers you and scares you that much dont be afraid to call your doc.
    Bellakat456

Answer by Bellakat456 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes im 4'9 =[ and i figured it was braxton hicks ....but i heard they hurt. i just feel uncomfortable
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Braxton-Hicks don't always hurt. Most of the books I read describe them as only being uncomfortable or just "noticeable." Not sure who you heard that from, but if they were talking about the BH contractions hurting, it was probably in their last couple weeks of pregnancy when the intensity starts to step up a notch.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 4:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009