is it truth that by walking a lot, at the time of labor you won't feel to much pain, meaning the birth will be faster?

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 11:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Walking helps the progress of labor- the gravity and your muscles are working together instead of separately.

don't worry so much about the pain. It's temporary, and there is relief if you want it. However, if you stress about it you can actually impede the progress. I know, I've done it.

Good luck! You are going to do well!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• personally for me that was not true. i walked everyday 30-45 mins a day and it didnt help much. with my first daughter i was in labor for 10 hours with my second daughter iwas in labor for 9 hours and walked the same amount of time everyday. it didnt help me any.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• being mobile helps move things along, and with pain management. Laboring on your back or in one position is NOT conducive to a healthy labor.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009