what should I do...

ok my son just started whole milk, and I was wondering Do I keep him on the same feeding schedule as before?I mean should he eat more solids now or still just 3times a day with an early morning bottle and late night bottle? I'm confused! Help! What did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can actually get rid of the bottles. do the three meals, along with snacks in between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• He only needs two cups of whole milk a day. I'd switch him off a bottle right now to spare yourself emotional attachment. We use a cup with a straw.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Is he on table foods yet? You mentioned "solids" and that usually means babyfood is why I ask.

If he's not eating a well balanced diet, he shouldn't be on milk yet. He still needs the nutrition from formula or breast milk.

The bottle thing...well, if he's using a sippy cup, he doesn't need anything to be put in a bottle any more, so get rid of those. If he needs/wants a drink, use a sippy.

Meal times...whenever. We found it easier for them to have always had their meals when we had ours. Then we didn't have to switch things around so I don't know what to tell you there. The eventual goal is three meals and snacks as needed, right?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2009