What to get or do for a teacher on Teacher Appreciation Day?

She is my sons kindergarten teacher and so amazing! She cares! I am trying to find a gift or something for a teacher from the whole class for a wonderful teacher. Please any and all suggestions would be wonderful!
I was thinking of a gift basket but hoping for a larger gift besides this and some what "different" anything? *~thanks~*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• does she like starbucks or anything like that. i know i worked in daycare and my parents ALWAYS saw me with coffee from either dunkin ddonuts or starbucks, so they all pitched in and got me a big gift card, that was the best present ever to me!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• An Apple!! No I'm kidding. I agree with a big gift card. Maybe to a local restauraunt. One that she can use more than once. Or to multiple places would be pretty cool. You could add a "kids pick" too...ask your child or kids in the class where there favorite place to eat is. Even if its McDonalds it will be cute and special from them.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I just gave my kids' kindergarten teacher a sign that I made. I am an Uppercase Living independent demonstrator and Uppercase has hundreds of designs to choose from. Choose different colrs and sizes, and even custom create your own expression!
    Here is a link to the one that I created and placed on a board. I attached a ribbon to the back and she has it hanging in her classroom. We got all the kids to sign their name on the back too.
    http://rose.uppercaseliving.net/DesignItems.m?CategoryId=85&CatalogId=&DesignId=2089&ItemId=

Http://rose.uppercaseliving.net
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 12:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I sell Usborne Children's Books and teachers LOVE to get new books for their classroom
    Please check out my website www.ubah.com/u2688
    Get a big wicker basket from Michaels (they're only $3!) and fill it full of fun
    books that the she can read to the kids! There are thousands under $5
    Teachers love the gift baskets that I've given
    them and always tell me its so nice because most of them have to buy the supplies/decorations/books for their classrooms themselves and its nice to
    share something fun with their students too!
    Anyway hope she enjoys :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We don't do teacher appreciation day that I know of. But I usually buy the teachers gift cards. With the amount of kids they see through the years I'm pretty sure other stuff gets tossed eventually (like at Christmas...there are only so many ornaments you can put on the tree and your own kids' stuff gets put up first). Gift cards they can use for what they want. We usually do Target because it's close but I think one for a book store or a place like Bath & Body Works would be good, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I always gave gift cards to book stores. And, without fail, the teacher would thank the children and put in a little "plug" for the benefits of choosing reading as a leisure activity.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 8:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• A gift card for a popular restaurant that might be a bit pricey on a teacher's salary. Make sure it's enough to take the whole family if she has one
    sanskrit

Answer by sanskrit at 9:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Give her a certificate to the local office supply store. Teachers, of whom I am one, spend a huge amount of money making sure their students get that "free public education". She will use it to the max. Better yet, get some of the other parents to add to and get one that is really a good dollar amount. She will definately use it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My sons teacher loves The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. We got her a gift card to there and purchased several books for the classroom.
    Anonymous

• I've done gift cards, baskets of school supplies, etc. I wanted to do something different so I'm sending in a basket of cookies, brownies and fruit for the teachers.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:28 AM on May. 4, 2009