Do you live in a . . . .

small city with an alarming crime rate? I live like 10 minutes from Harrisburg, while it's the capital of Pennsylvania, it is hardly a "city." Well, there has already been 4 murders. It's like the "thugs" feel like they have to prove themselves, so they are constantly just shooting at each other. I used to live there, but when I got pregnant, I searched like a maniac for a house to buy. There was no way in hell that my daughter would spend one night around there. If anyone is familiar with the area, I lived in midtown, but closer to uptown . .. near a super ghetto bar with constant shootings. I never went outside late night, except to walk my dogs. Do you live in a small city with dumb young thugs killing each other to prove how "hard" they are?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Large city for me..Dallas. And my neighborhood is safe. I would have alot of trouble living in an unsafe neighborhood. I'd rather live in tiny apartment than a large home where hubby, me or my child can catch a flying bullett. Not knocking anyone who does. I understand that a better option isn't always available. But when it comes, you should take it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No, THANK GOD
    hislilmommy

Answer by hislilmommy at 12:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Oh yes, unfortunately, I do live in one of those places. My city is worse than Harlem, some say. There are gunshots heard at least every few weeks outside my house and people getting gunned down, drug dealers all over. I want to move soon.

http://www.homesurfer.com/crimereports/view/crime_report.cfm?state=NY&area=Newburgh

pamkay414

Answer by pamkay414 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No me either! Small country surroundings. South East Texas where METH is popular though!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Last year, it felt like Albany was that kind of small city. Kids killing kids. One poor girl was in the wrong place at the wrong time and lost her life by a stray bullet. I'm in a relatively safer section, but see the gang kids bike through to go from their turf to their rival's during the summer. I do not want my kids in this school system, and plan to move in the next year or two. I hate to have to do that though, because I can walk to work now. I hate commuting.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 12:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I live in a semi-small city 15 east of Los Angeles and my family has been here since 1963. We have 2 major gangs here but I have never had any run-ins with them. A few years ago we had to murders around the block. One was a career gang member and the other...God bless him was murdered while telling a tagger to stop and get out of here! Nevertheless it is pretty safe here. We have never had a drive-by or anything like that. It seems as though the thugs know exactly who they will shoot ,and that is, rival gang members and people telling them not to tag. I know this may sound dumb to some, but when you see what is happening in Compton etc. where they shoot at anything that's moving and kill a toddler every month you would know what I mean.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well i used to live in Baltimore City area and they are up to 33 murders this year.... i am sooooooo glad to have gotten my child out of there!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I couldn't imagine living in a place like that! How do people do it?

The whole state I live in is very safe. There has probably only been 5-6 murders in the last 10 years statewide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i live by the moto if you dont mess with them they will not mess with you,and like gigi said its mainly amunst them selves and the way you act around the so called "thugs" if you talk smack yhen your asking to get something done to you..
    Anonymous

• ano 1234.... some people dont have a choice....i couldnt take it anymore your too scared to walk outside after nights, you hear gun shots you have to drop to the ground because you don't know where they are coming or going... always worried about getting robbed, or raped...it just got to be so much... thank god for my husband and the army...

and i disagree anon... just because you leave them alone doesnt mean they will to you...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009