Was that a contraction

I think I just had my first either braxton hicks ( at least the first one i've actuallly felt) or a contraction. I got up to go pee (for the 12th time tonight) and my belly got really hard all over and i felt squeezing and serious tightening in my lower belly. So tight I couldnt stand up striaght. Does that sound like a contraction or a BH or anything?? Sorry Im so clueless... by the way Im 36 weeks.

linzhh

Asked by linzhh at 12:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I get BH all the time and have for the past 3 weeks They are so strong that I have to bend over and stop what I'm doing. For me the difference between real contractions and BH was the real one also hurt in my lower back. It could be different for you though. If you only had the one it's just a BH. What out for more and time them if there are a lot. Good luck!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 12:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You'll pretty much know for sure if it goes away or if it gets stronger and closer together.. I remember w/ my first pregnancy ( I'm pregnant w/ #2) my 1st is only barely 16 months, that the contractions started out feeling kinda like a heavy period and it'd cramp in my stomach, then I'd walk around and drink water and take a warm bath and it didn't go away.. I never honestly delt w/ hardly any braxton hicks, pretty much if it eventually lets up and doesn't come back for longer than 30-1 hr I'd say it's false labor, but if it starts getting stronger w/ the amount of pain and starts happening way quicker than yes you're in the early parts of labor! Good luck girlie! I had my daughter 1 week early! You can always go in and have them check u out and see if and how far dialated u are. I remember them giving me a shot in my butte and telling me to drink water and take a tylenol pm and try to get some sleep. But sleep during labor?
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2009