Conservative vs. Liberal, what are you and why?

I didn't really consider myself either and i began doing a little research...one site in particular caught my attention...

i consider myself a conservative 100%
this explains why:

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/other/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/

i agree with everything on the conservative side and NOTHING on the liberal side..

please don't make this a bash fest...but i am open to all opinions..

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 100% Conservative! Started out with as bleeding heart liberal, like you're supposed to, then as I grew up, saw the world, and started following politics, I became more and more conservative, like you're supposed to!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am 100 percent liberal Democrat. I was raised Democrat but am much more liberal then my parents. There is seriously not one issue that I lean toward the Republican side on. I have always looked at both sides in an election and done my research but have never rally seen voting republican as an option since their stances are pretty much polar opposite of mine.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 12:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• trippy are you for giving amensty to all immigrants here? are you for higher taxes and increased welfare? these are things liberals are for.... sorry, not to desrespect you or anyothers but i think thats freakin nuts!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 100% born and raised liberal democrat..trippyhippy said it all for me thanks trippyhippy!!lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

I'm not going to argue. I answered the question. I think it's freakin nuts that conservatives believe 90% of the stuff they believe so the feelings mutual.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 1:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 100% Conservative! I think I've always been conservative- I just didn't realize it. There was a time when I fought for Universal Health Care- then I realized I was totally wrong... it actually took months of research to find out that our Government is totally in capable of taking care of us (How embarrassing huh?) and that I don't want them to help at all.

I'd go as far as to say that most people are conservative they just haven't done enough research to realize that they are. The free market with a Government refereeing it works! But a "free" market with the Government controlling everything doesn't work. It's just common sense.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am a conservative 99 percent based on the link you posted OP. I feel most strongly about education school vouchers as an excellent option to keep education costs down and encourage teachers to be more successful, I feela ny restrictions on second ammendment rights are wrong, that taxes should be as low as possible and we should rely on the free market system.

The only thing I do waver back and forth to the liberal side on is the death penalty and only because of those who have been convicted and proven innocent. However, in other aspects of criminal law and the "liberal" mindset, I do not support that if someone is considered "rehabilitated" they shouldn't serve there time. They still need to serve their sentence in full even if they are well behaved NOW, they did something to get in there in the first place.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I just read over the link that you gave- and I guess I'm not that conservative- I'm more in lines with Ron Paul conservative. You can just call me a libertarian :D

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Erica

I agree, universal health care is INSANE. We'll just end up having to pay for private health insurance TOO, and then pay taxes to pay for the rest of the countries insurance too!

Doctors will be subject to do NOT what is best for their patients but what is best for the collective. As in England, wait times for doctors will be long, and those with the money to pay for so called elective dental surgeries etc. may have to wait a long time.

My husbands OWN endocrinologist (DH is type 1 diabetic) was discussing this with DH (one of the top endocrinologists in our state and he's a conservative) and the dr agreed at how the quality of care he'd be ALLOWED to give would suffer. The gvt would decide which meds you COULD have. My husband is on a more expensive lantus/humolog/symlin insulin and medicine regimin at the moment. He would probably be on a less sophisticatated med that would suffice in the short term but tak
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• e years off of his life in the long run! All because he'd be around 50...so why bother.

Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2009