Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

34 weeks pregnant and cramping{wut to do??}

I just turned 34 weeks today but all day yesterday starting at like 2am all the way up until now i have been cramping bad on a scale of 1-10 i would say at times it was between 8-10 it just feels like period cramps in my lower back and in my lower abdomen but when i do cramp in my lower abdomen each time my stomach gets hard im not sure what that means i'll call the doctor in the morning when they open but wut do you think it is and what should I do??

Answer Question

Asked by R0ddyzRide0rDi3 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (35 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I think I would head for the emergency room-- you may be in labor. The day I had the twins I thought I had gas until it got really bad about 2am.

    Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • I would time them. If they are getting closer together and more intense go to the hospital. If not they are really bad braxton hicks. But definitely if you feel in your gut that its labor, go to the doc and have them chceck you out.

    Answer by MamaChamp at 12:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • Have your tried laying on your side and drinking water to see if you felt better ? I had some intense braxton hicks my second pregnancy at the end, but once I rested and drank water they would calm down.

    Also are they coming in a pattern, getting closer together ? Any discharge ?

    I would say if they appear to be getting closer, have bleeding or lost your plug, or if they won't go away even when you have laid down for 30-45 minutes drinking fluids...then it would be wise to go in.

    I am not an OB expert, so if you want the best advice always contact your OB of course. I would hate for you to wait and it turns out you are in early active labor since you are only 34 weeks. Good luck.


    Answer by J9Mommy at 12:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • Don't just show up at the emergency room. I hate that answer. Call your doctor's office and talk to the on-call doctor

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.