Do you ever feel jealous of your husband?

If my husband wants to watch TV he sits down and watches whatever he wants. If he wants to take a shower he goes and takes a shower. If he wants to get on the computer he gets on and does whatever he wants uninterupted. If he is hungry he goes and eats, etc, etc. For me everything I do depends on what the kids are doing. I can't just go take a shower. I got to make sure they are happy, fed, changed, and my husband can watch them before I can do just about anything. Then as soon as I do get on the computer or start a TV show that is when the baby wakes up or the toddler throws a fit, or someone is hungry, etc, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes! The biggest thing though, is that they can just go take a shower and slip on some clothes and run out the door!! No hair mess, no makeup... sigh..........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yeah i agree with you but then think they have to go to work everyday and deal with strangers atleast were home with our kids and sometimes when its cold im happy i don'y have to leave the house lol
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your husband needs to help you out a little more.But to answer your question, yes I do. I'm jealous that he gets to leave the house everyday and can have a drink whenever he wants because he's not breastfeeding.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes! I know exactly what you mean! It is the worst when my husband gets up and says, "Okay I am going to sleep." My reaction is always, "SLEEP?! You are going to sleep!! Our four year old needs to eat, the baby needs a bath, there are a bunch of dirty dishes, I need to take a shower, the four year old needs to be put to bed. There is so much to be done." He always says, "Yeah, but I am tired." Like I am not tired!! That is what gets to me. That he can just go take a nap or just go to bed whenever he is tired.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes...especially since he isn't breastfeeding. I've NEVER been away from my 5 month old. I just want to sit at a bar stool and have a drink. Lol, and I dont even drink like that...just to get away.
    I want to sit on the toilet for as long as necessary without worrying about the baby crying in 5 minutes. I dont complain because hubby works and I dont and I wouldnt change places, but the jealousy creeps in sometimes.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I get jealous too.
    So easy for him to be like okay, I'm gunna nap now. Okay sweet, I'll just clean house,do your laundry, and feed our daughter while you do that okay? And I always love the "hey can my buddies come over?" and here I'am, not showered, covered in baby food, greasy hair, no make up giving our screaming daughter a bath, STARVING because I never got to eat supper yet, and I've got clean up the kitchen, change over laundry and clean up the living room.
    And he usually gets NO for an answer.
    LOL
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• ahahaha... i know what u mean, thats why i dont keep my house up like he would like me too. and we he ask me to pick or do something forhim and he hasnt helped out i say sorry i'm working right now.
    baby-cakes

Answer by baby-cakes at 1:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You summed up my life right there in your OP lol. I think the problem is, my husband might be jealous of the relationship I have with my son because he and I have a lot of bonding time that my husband doesn't get. I breast feed and I'm a SAHM. When my husband holds my son, my son stares across the room at me. DS doesn't cry when I hold him (usually). I am able to make DS easily smile and laugh. I can distinguish his cries and know exactly what he wants. DH finds this frustrating and instead of trying to learn our son's quirks, he sits and just lets me do everything, only helping when I ask defeatedly saying "I didn't know what he/ you needed." I try to encourage him "see, the baby is smiling at you!" and letting him know when he's done something well. Hopefully he'll realise he's a good and skilled father and will start pitching in more instead of pouting because Matthew smiles at me more (or whatever).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No way. If I want a shower I take one. I love my son but don't forget my own needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I do not get jealous of my husband. ...idk. ...maybe it's a deployed husband military wife thing. ...but i think i'd rather be at home then in Iraq. And when he is home it is very hard for DH, bc even though HE WANTS to help out and he TRIES to tell me to take a break DS ...only wants me. ...it's very hard.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2009