Should my boyfriend have scheduled time off already?

I'm due April 27th. My boyfriend already requested time off April 25-March 2.
My pregnancy is going pretty much exactly by the book. She's not too big and not too small and everything has been going perfectly.

Either way though, we don't know when she's going to come. I'm sure his managers will understand and be flexible when it comes time but, what are the chances that she'll be born within that time frame?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You just never know. I was all set to have my baby very close to our due date and to take off work only the beginning of that week, but I had some unforeseen complications and will now be delivering my baby via c-section on Friday. I had to take off a week and a half of work due to some minor complications and so my plan was changed. You just never know what might happen. Hopefully his work will be flexible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You never know unless you have a planned delivery (most drs will induce labor) but I'm sure if he explains that he just needs a week off when the baby comes, whenever that may be, that they will work with him! Good luck on the baby! Congrats!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• uhh..i wouldnt ask for time off only becuase you really Dont know when baby is coming. they can't tell him he Has to stay at work when you go into labor. all my pregnancies went 'by the book' and my 1st was a week early and my 2nd a week late. i would ask for a week if thats what he wants but i wouldnt set a date..if the employer is willing to work with him on that. gl
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2009