Worried something will be wrong with your baby?

Now that I am very close to having my baby, I'm suddenly worried that something will be wrong with her! I've had all the tests and two very complete ultrasounds, so I know my worry is irrational, but I can't help it! Anyone else had this worry right before giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I also had a very very thorough ultrasound, with MRI and everything. Everything is going perfectly well, but I do still worry.
    The only thing I can do, is just try my best NOT to think about that stuff. Try to put it out of my mind. Find a distraction.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yes im due on the 11th and i have had several panic attacks thinking about this. I also worry to much about something going wrong during labor (him getting stuck ect...) I want so bad to have him, but any little pain, Im like "please no, I'm not ready yet" lol. i think its just the fear of the unknown, cause i worried with my first also. It kinda helps me when i think about how advanced our hospital are these days though, if something does go wrong, they will most likely know what to do and be able to fix it.......
    mrs.cooley

Answer by mrs.cooley at 1:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We all worry about those things (and shouldn't!). When my son was born, I counted all of his fingers and toes to make sure they were all there lol.

The fact of the matter is, your doctor monitors the size of your uterus, the amount of fluid surrounding the baby, the baby and it's measurements along with yours and the baby's vitals along with bloodwork and a miriad of other tests. It is a rare occasion that a baby will be born with something that you wouldn't have already discovered during pregnancy and been forewarned about. The best thing you can do is stop worrying because the stress is not good for you or your baby.

I had a large baby and I too was worried about him getting stuck and not being able to do it. You know what? I did it, I know I can do it again and you can too.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2009