DETAILED ULTRASOUND?

I AM GOING IN FOR MY "DETAILED UNLTRASOUND" I KNOW I WILL FIND OUT WHAT I AM HAVING, WHAT OTHER TEST DOES THIS CONSIST OF....I AM 18 WEEKS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• didnt know they could do it that early
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• IF i can remember they tell you the sex if you want to know it and they count that they have all ten fingers and toes..they check the brain..they check to see if they have both kidneys..they check the liver and everything like that to make sure the baby is perfectly healthy!
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They're mainly checking for developmental problems, like checking the brain, the amount of amniotic fluid, the placement of the placenta, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I never had one with my oldest son, but with my younger two they were done at 20 weeks (my daughter) and 17 weeks (my son). They look at the major organs for proper development and do measurements of the bones to look for proper growth. And I found out the gender at each of those ultrasounds as well :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2009