where would you take a 14 month old on vacation..

where would you take a 14 month old on vacation. i was thinging the beach . but please let me know.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Travel

• any where with space for them to safely run around...

Answer by CMEckery at 11:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Great Wolfe Lodge/Sesame place/Disney/Wildwood Crest, N.J.(family beach area/boardwalk).

Answer by manna1qd at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We went to a wonderful place- we rented a farmhouse in Lancaster County, PA. It was a working dairy farm, and my kids got to run free, swing, feed horses, calves, collect eggs... It was so relaxing and the house was lovely.

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hmmmm...grandmas then head for the resort alone with hubby!

Answer by traciesbw0101 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would take them to their grandparents or aunt or uncles and enjoy a vacation with my hubbie, while you still have the chance to! Disney is the only place Ide actually Take a child that small.

Answer by vbruno at 12:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We have found that many major hotel chains, such as holiday inn and ramada inn have resorts...splash gardens for the kiddies. It was a wonderful experience for my munchkins and we got so much rest because we didn't even have to leave the hotel area. Check for telephone numbers with the Chamber of Commerce in the area that you are considering. Have fun!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Show your appreciation to the other for the best answer

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I took my 14 month old daughter to the NC mountains just last week...we visited Cherokee and she saw a lot o fnew things, but her greatest pleasure came from running around in the yard with a cool mountain breeze...

Answer by gabby423 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Anywhere that you can push a stoller and has activities that would be appealing to a 14mo old. Somewhere not too hot/cold and where you can take a nap-break in between activities. Tennesse is wonderful when it comes to humidity/weather. South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) is also a great place because they have an Aquarium that children will NEVER forget as long as they live! And the beach is beautiful! Good luck!

Answer by AubriesMom318 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We discovered some small amusement parks that have more kiddie rides and do not have long lines. One is called Delgrosos in PA and it has a zero entry water park with small slides that my kids played in as babies. I am glad you are trying to find a way to vacation with your baby. I wish you the best trip!

Answer by ski2dawn at 7:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008