Are they serious?

Is it really important enough to complain that Michelle Obama is wearing sleeveless dresses in her photos?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6986019&page=1

QUOTE:

"But some are criticizing the South Side Chicago native for her choice of attire, calling it too informal and out of season. "

What do you think?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So, I am not a President Obama fan. That being said, I don't care what the woman wears as long as it isn't cut off shorts to a formal dinner or a miniskirt w/ her belly button pierced! I am not a huge fan of her style, most of her stuff is very unflattering to her build, if she likes it she should wear it!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think she should be able to w/e she wants! Its a free country
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OH! The SHOCK and HORROR! Next thing you know women will be wearing skirts that show their ankles or worse they might even want to start *gasp* wearing pants!!!

*rolls eyes* I don't see anything wrong with her clothes, wish the media would get over themselves.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 3:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Who cares about her clothing weather it's hideous or not.Her character is what sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Maybe the critics are just trying to say "you can dress her up, but you can't take her anywhere?"

SOME of you may remember (or at least seen footage) of Jackie Kennedy giving tours of the White House for the media, and (then) for the first time allowing the average "commoner" inside the private residence of the President and his family. Jackie was the ultimate entertainer/hostess and very gracious. She set the bar by which all other First Ladies have been measured. She was responsible for clothing trends, and many a designer made their fame and fortune by having Jackie wear one of their frocks or accessories.

Michelle, has that same image to uphold, and this is why the superficial media is talking about it. The clothes Michelle wear could start a new trend, you know how Sarah Palin's eyeglasses were "all the rage" during the primaries? Hollywood has known this for years, and The Obama's are "rock stars!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• This is in the same class as reporting that Mr. Obama had a *gasp* beer while watching a basketball game. She's neat, clean and covered, so either say you like her top or dress or whatever if you do, or if you don't like it, move on without commenting on it. I am not a fan of either of the Obamas, but if she's comfortable, why bash her choice of clothing? The press has gone nuts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think its ridiculous....a complaint made by the same people who just look for something to complain about (like many of the questions on here). If thats what people want to complain about then I'd say she is doing okay.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 7:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Since the inagauration~I have thought Michelle was out of style.season. She was more in touch during the campaign.
    But the liberal leaning press doesn't want to focus on any negative about Pres. Obama's policies.. Sooooo, they divert attention to "fluff".. ~Michelle.
    jmho
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Every first lady is put under the microscope for her wardrobe. Is Michelle Obama somehow too fragile or too ignorant to be put to the same scrutiny as every first lady before her? I'm not really sure why some people think there needs to be an exception made for her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It's her freakishly long arms ( her quote) that keeps her from wearing just anything. Why she didn't just go back to tailored 3/4 sleeves , who knows. I think it has something to do more with the 82 degree temps Barry makes Lavaughn live in while in the White House. No wonder she has been speaking so much lately, about "needing to get out of the WH".
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2009