hospital register

I am 34 weeks and my doc told me to go a head and register at the hospital I will be giving birth at but to be sure I would like to know what do you do when you register who do you talk to and hows it because this is my first child and I want to be prepared for what I am about to go do.. So what does register at the hospital consist of? Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I registered and it was just a bunch of forms to fill out and such. I also left with a bunch of papers myself and everything. This is my first also it may vary hospital to hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• When I registered, I just went in the front entrance of the hospital and told them what I needed to do. At my hospital, I was sent to the business office, where I filled out a bunch of forms, and was given a bunch of forms to take home. Although I've only been hospitalized to give birth, I get the impression that it is basically the same stuff anyone being hospitalized would do, you're just doing it ahead of time so that when you are in labor and nervous/excited/in pain, you won't have to try to concentrate and fill them out. My mom did the same thing when she went in for surgury, and so did my grandmother.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2009