baby shower help......

I need help with baby shower... Never did I think that this would take such a toll on me. Please if there is any information you ladies have weather you think it is or isn't helpful please give your feed back on baby showers... I never had a baby shower I don't have many female friends so nope I never was invited and I am the only girl in my famliy. My mother she only has 2 children me and my brother and never did she have a baby shower because most of the things my father bought. So i want to have on badly but no one to give it for me so I will attemp to give one for myself but the problem is I dont know where to began.. I am all over the place I need a big help. S o if you could please help me with this one I will most take it in and appericiate it tahnk you so much...What do you do to have a good baby shower what does a babay shower need and all that stuff..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I WOULD JUST INVITE EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY ATLEAST THAT WHAT MY FAMILY ALWAYS DOES IT IT WORKS OUT WELL A BABY SHOWER IS LIKE A BIRTHDAY PARTY BUT INSTED OF BIRTHDAY DECORATIONS YOU USE BABY SHOWER DECORATIONS FOOD DRINKS CAKE AND ALL BUT I WOULD ASK THE PEOPLE COMING TO PITCH IN WITH FOOD SO IT WONT BE SO OVERWHELMING.
    CASSANDRA56745

Answer by CASSANDRA56745 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I really hated the idea of a traditional baby shower since I was due at the end of of summer we had a luau (Hawaiian beach theme). Everyone wore Hawaiian shirts, we past out leis(the flower necklaces) and had finger foods that went with the them and cupcakes. I was adamant about not playing any games. We played luau music in the background. It was super fun and different! Make sure when you send invitations include something to let people know where you have registered for baby items at. Keep it simple and think of things that you enjoy at parties and what you don't like and go from there.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i would say why not just wait till after the baby is born and have a big ole cook out and do it as a meet the baby party this way all can come and not feel out of place lots of guys do not go for the hole baby shower thing and plus this way everyone will know what the sex of the baby is and can get you things just right for your baby
    Anonymous