In a minority ~ the skinny minority!

Ok, so I just read and commented on the size 0 post. I am a lil irritated. I was called everything from looking like a crackhead, to sickly, to not looking much like a mom. I can't believe how down on skinny folks all you women are. I am a happy healthy late 20's mom to a few, curvy athletic body, yep got boobs, no bones sticking out and not looking like skeletor. Yeah I look normal ~ I am tall and thin, 5 feet 7 inches. I have been this size nothing bigger (aside from pregnancy). Can I help it. NO Can you help being fat? Sometimes no. Just because I am a 0 doesn't mean I am any less of a woman or mom. My husband loves my size and it has been an awesome playground for him the past 13 years. I am lucky. I do not have to watch what I eat or calories or have an exercise routine to maintain. As long as a woman is healthy who cares there size. Don't you think WE get tired of being stereotyped?? You know fat people do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel! People always say OMG you dont look like a mom. I cant help that im a size 2 I eat like a dam* pig and nothing happens
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I hear ya sister! I'm in the same boat! Nobody belives I have kids or that their mine, no body belives my boobs are reall, everyone thinks I must be anorexic or over exercise cause I weigh 105 on a bad scale! I hate it! Overweight people think they have it the worst, but use "skinny minnies" have it just as bad! Give us break! I eat so much it's ridiculous! It's not my fault I can't gain weight! The most I've weighed is 125 while I was pregnant. I wish people would stop being judgemental and give us a freaking break!!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well, going out on a limb here, but at your height and that waist size, some people are going to say you are WAY to skinny. You're taller than I am by an inch and I'm a size 5 and get told I'm skinny all the time. But if you're happy with it and you're healthy then don't get too down because of internet people being rude.

I wonder if there was a question started about what if you were a size 20+ and what they look like if people would be singing a different tune. Or if they'd maybe you see how it feels to be made fun of for your weight. Fat people aren't the only ones who get dissed...obviously from the question yesterday. You'd think people could be a little nicer when it comes to how a woman looks(especially when you haven't even seen them IRL). We're all women here, we know how fragile a woman's self esteem can be.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• What exactly is a mom supposed to look like? I hate when they say "you don't look like a mom" . People are always going to judge and I'm sure some are jealous because they're not skinny. All that matter is what you think of yourself. :)
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 6:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I replied to that post and stated how I feel. It does not mean you are healthy when you are skinny. Especially if you eat junk all the time and think you are healthy just because you are not fat. If you do not fit in to the category that they are talking about then you should take no offense to that. They were indeed talking about the people who do look like that and most think people do look gaunt at a size 0. Once again, if you do not look like that then they obviously were not referring to you or someone that doesn't fit what they said. Like I said in the other post, Most people do not find being really thin or being really over weight attractive. There are so many different likes and dislikes and just because some wouldn't want to look like that doesn't mean you can take personal offense to it. In that case we should all get offended because everyone thinks differently about different body type's.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 6:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Not going on a rampage and obviously you are not on the skinny end of the sterotype because yea it's just as bad for us skinny folks as those who are overweight. I think assuming what most people think or feel is reaching a bit out there. Unless you have done some research to back up your point I don't see what makes you an expert. No I am nothing like what they sterotyped, I eat healthy, I don't have to but I want to be around to see my grandkids someday. I could eat chocolate and ice cream all day and keep my figure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Aviators_Wife, I think most people would take that as a compliment in a heart beat...Not an insult.
    Who wouldn't? Because the word "mom" is stereotyped too, so when someone says you don't look like one, that must mean you don't fit the definition of what people assume a "mom" looks like..
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 6:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You can look at my pictures. :)
    I'm definitely not on the over weight side.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 6:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes they are and its not fair. When I was a size 3 (long ago) people always told me I needed to eat more. It was very annoying.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes, it can be a compliment- I agree. But it's not a compliment when they say you don't look like a mom because you're too skinny (sorry I should have been more specific).

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 6:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2009