Have you ever done any drugs?

I mean ever. Not just since you were a mother.

And if so what did you do? Will you tell your children that you did drugs and hope they'll learn from you or will you just tell them they are bad and leave personal experience out of it.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 6:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope. Never.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'll use my experiences to teach my children. I don't want them to go through what I did with drugs and want them to know I DO know about them and how they affect your lives negatively. That anyone can get caught up in them including me and how they are not worth it. I want them to know the pain they can go through and that I love them and don't want them to ever have to suffer that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have struggled with this question. My kids are babies now but someday they will be exposed to drugs. I am a recovering heroine/meth addict..6 years clean. I don't want my kids to ever ever go down that horrible path. I don't know if I should be honest about my experiences with them. Alot of my stories are abosolutely terrifying. But if I tell them no without the personal knowlegde part I am afraid they will think I don't know what I am talking about. I hope I figure it out.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 7:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have smoked marijuana, and yes, my children know. Before I met my husband, he and his friends tried many things to get high, including huffing gas and paint. The kids know that, too. It's common knowledge, because we want them to know that we have been in their shoes and know all about peer pressure, temptation, whatever. We also want them to see how stupid we think those choices were. We didn't tell them to brag, we told them to show that parents made mistakes, too.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes I was a coke head and pretty much whatever else I could get my hands on. This was when I was like 17 and I live 3000 miles from my parents. Surprisingly I had good grades and a full time job (as a stripper) so yeah you can say I've done some things I'm not proud of but I always wanted kids and one day I hit bottom my boyfriend beat the crap out of me I was higher than high could go to work because of the bruises and I looked in the mirror and thought " What kind of a mother are you shaping up to be?" The next day I entered detox went through 6 months in a facility then moved back home ( To the state with my parents) about 2 months later I got the nerve to leave my boyfriend for the man I'm with now and we have 3 girls which I believe I will use my experience to try and teach them.

nolika625

Answer by nolika625 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Never done any drugs. not even tried it.

Well, if you consider cigarettes a drug, then thats something different. used to be a smoker before i got pregnant.

I dont drink, never did. And other drugs, hell no.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• other than caffine no!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I smoke, drink coffee and have an occasional drink, I smoked the occasional bowl back before I had kids. My kids are grown now, and they know that ol' mom did a few things, but never around them. Not even smoking or drinking. Well coffee, yes. I think it gave them a sense that their parents are human too, and they could talk to us about something if they wanted or needed to. They both did a little experimenting with alcohol, and my daughter has used MJ a time or two. My son did some hard drinking in the military in Germany, but doesn't anymore. Neither of them smoke or drink coffee. They were both raised to believe that these were adult things and not for kids or teenagers. They seem to have learned well, and knowing that their parents did these things hasn't hurt them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Speed, weed. Reasons; weed was just me trying it (age 16). I didn't like it, have never done it since. Speed, I was in a homeless hostle, no food, a girl offered it, I had my son, newborn, she said it would help keep me happy, awake, and i wouldn't need as much food as it would take the hunger pains away... I took it. I am not ashamed... I was only on it for about 3 weeks. That was when I was 17, I'm 23 this May. Never again will I do drugs. I'll tell my kids about my experiences... But whether they'll learn from it??? Time will tell.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 8:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I was taking pills.. smoking since 19 til 22. and drinking daily.. vodka, captian morgan. ugh.. when hubby came along. he stopped me and get me better and quit doing those things. and Im sober for 3 yrs. Since I met hubby. Then I have a child. I will never smoke ciggerate again..
    rachtrin

Answer by rachtrin at 8:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009