Is there such a thing as clean coal?

I live in a coal mining town and I am listening to a California Hollywood Elite (Daryl Hanna) say that there is no such thing Clean coal and that coal mines are bad for America.

Does she realize the jobs that coal mines create and maintain? Most of southern Indiana and Kentucky are dependent on Coal. Why don't the Hollywood Elitest come here to Southern Indiana, and see how the little people live.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I only love the fact that the extreme left is touting No coal, and Obama is Hoping for clean coal, and then the coal opposition for global warming shows up on the snowiest day in DC. How can the two go together? If it weren't for global warming those protesters would have frozen to death that day, my goodness.
    There is no such thing as clean coal, but there is absolutley nothing wrong with keeping American resources God gave this country to use, and there is absolutley nothing wrong with keeping Americans employed with American resources for Americans way of life. If they don't like coal let them son's a b**ches freeze to death in the dark.
    Thank you American Coal Miners,one of the most dangerous jobs in the U.S.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If they don't like coal let them son's a b**ches freeze to death in the dark.

This is a bumper sticker we see all over PA and WV. I love it, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have been screaming that at the tv every time the man opens his mouth! What about all the people he will put out of work with this? Not only the clean coal, but also forcing the Auto makers to sell "green" cars! ONE ~ people can't AFFORD new cars right now, "green" or not. TWO ~ all the auto parts stores that will suffer lagging sales...why you ask...THREE ~ No one will be able to fix their own cars so it will cost WAY more to get you "green car fixed (not sure by who tho), and FOUR ~ all the mechanics that are going to go under.  Usually mechanics learn how to fix cars from their dad and such, not extensive schooling, so who does this hit...people who make under $250,000 I can tell you that.

I KNOW you libs B&*#H about trickle down economics not happening...it DOES!  all these "green" decisions are going yo TRICKLE DOWN and hurt the average joe!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

**That is all over conservative websites regarding the coal issues. I love it too.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Daryl Hanna and her other liberal elite friends can get on a private or chartered jet and fly off to another country when the rest of the country gets hit with rolling blackouts. Rest of us that didn't make the "right choices" and didn't become super rich movie stars are stuck here. But since when did we matter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I haven't seen that bumper sticker yet and I'm in WV coal mining centeral. I can't wait to see it though. Coal is cleaner but nothing is perfect.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• momof, I get your concern for mechanics and technicians. That's something that I don't think most people think about. Cars have been getting more advanced for a while now. Technicians that work for the dealerships are trained to use the diagnostic equipment, while independent repair facilities must purchase this diagnostic equipment (so does the dealer), learn how to use it, train their technicians, and find a service tech that can service the equipment when required. There are many companies that produce parts for cars that will also provide training, if you are within their network. Bosch is one of those companies, I imagine that Siemens would also provide some degree of training as well. But this training isn't available to all that want it, you must work for a shop that is within those networks. Vehicle manufacturers are even trying to make it impossible to get repair manuals for independent facilities.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Daryl Hannah? Really? Did I miss something, or isn't she the antithesis of a mental giant?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Obama and his Cap & Trade will bankrupt the industry. MOVE, before it's too late!
    Anonymous