Does anybody have integrity these days?

SO this might be a little bit of a rant. Today i see how some people weren't taught common decency, I woke up did my thing got in the car (early!) and went to my grandfathers. get out get alyssa out cross the back of my Trunk (hmm somethings not right !?!?!) LOOK down BIG DENT!!! wasn't there when i went to bed BIG DENT that is also a HOLE broke the bumper at the top!!! NO NOTE, NOTHING was left on my car which was in my driveway. And i was thinking how people are so calloused that they don't wanna take credit for there mistakes. and this world is going to shit. As a promise to myself and the world i promise to teach my child no matter what the consquences are when you wrong someone OWN IT!!! That's the problem with us as a whole people are always trying to push it on someone else or maybe it was nobody. Well listen up all
INTEGRITY -the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is a shame about your car. I blame, in part, the theory that the child must be taught self esteem above all else. While it is true that the child must learn that they are valuable and important, they also must learn that others are also valuable and important. Respect for self and respect for others. Learning respect will help them all their lives, in school, in marriage, in employment. It is shocking how so much of what people believe is me me me. I want I want I want. I also believe that it is up to the parents to teach right from wrong. By the time the child gets to school they are under other influences. The parent who behaves as she teaches, shows the children how to behave. I am touched and honored that my adult children behave, as far as I know anyway, with honesty and compassion.

Answer by Bmat at 9:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I so Agree1 there was a time in my life that Integrity was all I had, I was TAUGHT PROPERLY so I defanitly Believe that we need to instill it in our children! I see so many thta dont even have a clue what the word means much less an ounce of it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes, there are still some people who have integrity. But the truth is that the number is growing less every day. I think the reason is largely due to the fact that it is no longer taught to children by parents. It is not taught by example and it is not taught by "teaching." I'm sorry about your car, and I completely understand your frustration.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• One time we got up in the morning and found someone had hit the wing mirror on our pickup and broke the mirror and also had to do other repairs around the edges. We were pissed. No note, nothing. About 3 months later we get up and there is an envelope in the pickup, there is a $100 dollar bill in it and a note says, "Sorry I hit your mirror awhile back, hope this pays for it." No name signed or anything, but made us feel better.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Someone did the same to my car in Wal-Mart parking lot when DH and I were grocery shopping. I hadn't had the car long at all. It was fresh off the lot. Whoever they were left a big hole of missing paint on the front. Another time I was pulling in to the gas station and this big Oldsmobile decided to not look behind them AT ALL when backing out as I was pulling in. I seen them fixing to hit me and blew my horn, but they didn't have time to stop so it hit the side and left a huge scratch about an arm's length long and really wide. As soon as he realized it he took off before I could even get his tag number. So he got away with it.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No one is perfect,lol. I'm sure we ALL have something or have done something others don't like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• ANONYMOUS
    MY CAR WAS IN MY DRIVE WAY AND SOMEONE HIT IT THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN RIGHT OFF "AS NOT EVERYBODYS PERFECT" THAT'S JUST STUPID TO SAY ANYBODY CAN STOP AND SAY SORRY I WOULDN'T HAVE EXSPECTED MUCH JUST INSURANCE INFO SO I CAN GET IT CHECKED OUT! NOW I HAVE TO PAY WITH MONEY I DON'T HAVE JUST LYING AROUND TO FIX IT!
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 9:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well I do have to wonder sometimes whether the people without integrity out number those that do. It disgusts me to no end to see people act like THEY are the only one's on this earth that should matter. It sickens me to see parents teach their children to only care about themselves and f* the other kids. I've seen it! Actually saw a parent tell their kid to just take what they want because no one messes with you! You know, Instead of SHARING. But anyway it makes me sad knowing that these people exist! That you can't trust anyone because they are everywhere and they can be anyone! I'm speaking of my DH's cousins here...LOL
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I agree whole heartedly!!!! Not many people possess that quality anymore!! PARENTS TEACH YOUR CHILDREN INTEGRITY!!!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 10:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Its much worse than "we have all made mistakes from time to time" or "Nobody's perfect". OMG. That is so lame. A person who does damage to a car and doesn't leave a note,offer to pay for repairs, is so wrong and without morals. I agree--there is a lack of honesty and responsibility and concern for others nowdays.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2009