Anyone else sick of it?

"Global Warming", I'm so sick of hearing it, give it a rest and move onto the next thing people! Everytime you turn around there's some new crackpot study showing how unless we do this or that the world is going to end. It's ridiculous. There's been plenty of studies showing how ridiculous the whole thing is. But the treehuggers don't want to hear about those studies, do they? No, because then they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My thought is that, if it were a true scientific study that was accurate and correct, the issue would not need concerts and celebrities to be shoved on the American public. There would be no parties encouraging waste and excess energy usage to promote the ideas on those who want to follow. If Al Gore and the others really believed what they preached they would live like Ed Begley.
    That guy with the reality show in CA, or even like J.R. from Dallas, he lives like he believes it and is not on a jet plane making money burning excess fuel.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If they would stop having rallies, the weather would warm up and we could have spring again.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The man upstairs has a sense of humor,huh?
    Green Rally? I think I'll make it snow, Cooling Rally, I think I'll bring a heatwave, cause nobody tells ME what to do.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• There's good science on both ends of the debate.
    I'm not opposed to listening to either of it. I am, however, very sick of hearing about this issue on cafemom because many here do not seem to have a full grasp on what global warming is.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• LOL akin, and Pelosi couldn't make it to the rally, because of the weather....! What cracks me up even more so, those crying global warming, like Gore are the biggest violators of their own cause! And, like with anything else, these tree huggers think that they are the only ones who know it all. They are the only ones who have a full grasp of what is really going on and any opposition doesn't........very high and mighty!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Since I don't have a full grasp on the global warming issue, I'm going to go turn my heat up cause my office is freezing cold this morning. Maybe up to 82 degrees so I can wear sleevless blouses and be in style.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• LOL akin, make it feel like Hawaii......
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• http://www.globalclimatescam.com/?p=194
    The sensor they were using to measure the polar ice missed by a factor the size of California. This was just put out Feb 20, 2009.

The polar ice caps, this year, are larger than they were reporting by the approximate land mass of Cali. This story was published next to a weather map showing this last year being a little over 2% colder than average overall.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Akin, you are proving my statement with your remarks.
    The theory of Global Warming does not equal excessive heat. In fact, it suggests that an overall warming of temperatures leads to melting ice which would result in a new ice age.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with this but I have studied it(in college too, not just on the internets.)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Too funny, akin. Didn't the small fry in the Whitehouse say that they keep their temps in the upper 70's making it feel nice and balmy and tropical like? Its a royal party up there isn't it?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009