Crawling

My son is 8 months old almost nine and has not shown any intrest in crawling. I give him lots of tummy time but he hates it. Is this normal? I don't think he's going to crawl at all.

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 9:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• okay.. i know this sounds nutty.. but my little girl is just slightly over 6 months.. and started scooting this weekend.. because of my dad.
    He was playing with a laser light.. and she all of a sudden went after it. She will not move for her toys.. or to go to anyone.. but if she sees the pretty light on the floor. she takes off for it.
    we always play on the floor with her.. and she will lay on her back mostly to play with her toys. she rolls to get them.. but it was a shock to see her go after that light like that.
    just have to be careful not to get it in, on or near her face.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• He may not crawl. My nephew started walking at nine months rather than crawling. He will eventually figure out how to get around.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It is normal. My son never crawled. He did not walk till the day before his first birthday. Just talk to your doctor and let him know how your son acts and ask him if there is anything that he can think of to help.
    The most important thing to remember is that every child is different and in some times it takes a baby alittle long than others.
    Somethings you could try is one, make sure that he has not just eaten before tummy time. Two, but a blanket or two under him before putting him down on the floor. And three get down there with him so that he is face to face with him. Singing to him could help as well. Hope that helps.
    Butterflykola

Answer by Butterflykola at 10:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter could have cared less about her toys....they weren't a motivating factor for crawling. (The vtech roll and crawl ball was the closest we came to it) but my dogs were the best motivating factor! I think she might have skipped crawling if it wasn't for them. A lot of babies don't crawl at all. Don't worry about it...he'll figure out how to get around one way or another (just make sure you're not turning into his vehicle by carrying him around all the time)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My ds will be 9 months in a week. He is not even close. His legs want to go but he cant lift his arms up off the floor enough to just put it all together. Just wanted to let you know your not alone!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 1:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009