Can you take a double stroller up to the gate at the airport?

I have to travel internationally with my almost 3 year old and one year old. My husband is coming later. Can I take a double stroller up to the gate? What kind of stroller is a good and lightweight and appropriate for the ages of my children?

CalebsMommy06

Asked by CalebsMommy06 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Travel

• Yes you can. Something that folds up relatively easily because it will need to be stored once you are on the plane.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm sure you can if it folds up like a single stroller does. They will just check it at the gate and you will be able to pick it up right as you are getting off the plane as well. I have a Baby Trend Sit and Stand stroller with the full-size detachable seat on the back. It is big, but folds up small, so I like it. You can also buy the one with only the full front seat and only the bench seat on the back as well though and it's even smaller in size, so it might be perfect for the airport. I got mine on Target.com, it's the red, black, and silver one.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You can take it straight thru the gate and to the plane..where they will load it and have it ready for you when you get off the plane. I have the ONe step Ahead Sit and Stand Double stoller. It's lightweight and folds easily. It has a detachable back if your older child just wants to stand..but the back is good for when she wants to sleep. My kids were your age when we flew from west coast to east coast without husband. It will be a lifesaver at the airport. You can buy the stroller on their website, Onestepahead.com, if you buy now you can take advantage of their 15%off, code: MCHBDAY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Depends on the airline but usually you are supposed to drop the stroller at the entrance to the plane so they can check it then its waiting for you the second you step off of the plane when you get off. I would get the least bulky stroller you can possibly find. One that folds up easily (bc getting in and out of taxis will be a pain with a clunky heavy stroller) They make travel systems that turn into carseats/strollers/boosters I'm not sure if they make them in double version, I've heard they do but they're well worth the money if you travel often. Also make sure you have one that you can easily hang or put bags/supplies on. You don't want to be loaded down carrying bags and pushing the stroller! We travel a lot and found those things help! Have fun!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009