For those who have stayed in Myrtle Beach, SC.. Suggest any hotels? Or maybe a different vacation spot??

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Travel

• I've been to Myrtle Beach several times since 1996. Three of those times we had our kids with us and we stayed at the Sea Mist Resort (www.seamist.com). We love it there & the family value packages are by far the best deal around. You can just get rooms, but we get the packages because it is a better deal for us. Pretty much all of our activities are included. I've checked other hotels & I would pay more for just a room than I do for a package deal at the Sea Mist. The family package includes daily passes to the Family Kingdom Amusement Park and Water Park, daily passes to their onsite children's water park, free unlimited miniature golf, free movies in their own theater, free breakfast buffet for one day if you stay 4 or more nights, discounts to area attractions, and daily scheduled activities. There are also plenty of pools & hot tubs. Hope this helps you.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT stay at the Sand Castle Resort! It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Very dirty and out of date. When you stand in the shower you feel like you are going to fall through the bottom. In fact, my parents stayed in the room beside me and their shower bottom had a hole in it that was just covered with a piece of plastic. The only thing holding it on was superglue.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• the reef. its on surfside blvd. was nice had oceanfront views reasonable price. clean rooms
    momof3102

Answer by momof3102 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We stayed at Ocean Creek and I really like it there! But, DO eat at The Original Benjamin's. Its a GREAT seafood buffet!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009