Online high school

Do any of your kids go to a school online? I'm starting VCS community ohio school within the next couple days, and I was just wondering if it was as easy as it looks?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• thanks for all your awnsers! This is pretty much my last option, besides dropping out. My son's been sick alot lately and he has to get tubes in his ears pretty soon, so I want to stay home with him. But thanks all of you gals!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I went to an alternative high school but it wasn't online....they have e-school; here....lol but its located in the MALL....so i dunno who would actually go.
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 11:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No its not as easy as it looks,it takes discipline and alot of hard work,my kids do online school,so good luck!
    trinity8697

Answer by trinity8697 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You have to really be disciplined and self motivated. My grandson started it but couldn't (or wouldn't) keep it up. I tried taking online classes in college thinking it would be a piece of cake but it was not. You teach yourself and if you have questions you have to find your own answers and hope the source is correct or that you process the information correctly. I don't recommend it.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter is in her third year of an online school and in the fifth grade. She loves it! J has a very independent nature about her and this really encourages it. She also participates in after school activities like Tae Kwon Do and Swim Team. We are also lucky enough to live in a school district where she is allowed to be in a regular school band, go out for sport teams if she chooses and do other activities with other children in the same grade. Before the online school, she was homeschooled. Our 5 yr old will go to a regular school for kindergarten next year.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009