Whats your babies favorite TV show?

Brycen likes little bill, Barney, Elmo, Winnie the pooh, The little einsteins, but he doesnt watch TV everyday lol. He watches about an hour every other day, a half an hour twice a day. Most people thinks kids shouldnt watch tv. I think its ok, as long as their not close to it, and watch it at a 4 hour stretch.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 8 month old watches nemo everynight while i get dinner and a bath ready. She plays on the floor and watches it...she loves it...i'm so sick of it...lol
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 7:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't let a baby watch TV, at 2 my son rarely watches it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I let my son watch tv when he was a baby baby it kept him happy so I could get things done. But once he became mobile at 4 months nope, no more tv for him he has been nonstop since. :) LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son doesn't watch much TV... he does have a video though that has music and pictures on it... he gets to watch that sometimes when I have things to get done. He LOVES it! It's so weird because it's like he knows it's for him, because when I watch TV he doesn't pay any attention.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Babies shouldn't watch TV. My son [9 months] doesn't but when he goes to grandpa's, grandpa lets him watch Spongebob and he loves it. haha
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I let mine watch a little here and there but only videos...not tv. I don't really like the idea of commercials for babies. She watches baby Einstein. Her favorite right now is Baby Newton (Basic Shapes). She stands to watch it and dances when the clown dances. So cute. She is 10 mo.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Sesame Street is Adrianna's favorite...its usually the only show she watches each day - she spends most of her time playing!
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• we get noggin so there aren't any commercials. usually in the morning, the tv goes on for a few minutes (we bed-share) to distract her when i'm changing her (she's a monster and hates being still) she likes jacks big music show and moose a. moose (noggin character). at night, before bed, i put on blue's clues (loves it) while she is nursing. she watches for a few minutes and as soon as she looks sleepy, i turn it off. she doesn't watch tv during the day and pays no attention when i have it on (which is rarely). if she is playing downstairs, i will turn on a sign language dvd and watch it and interact with her. but that isn't everyday. i don't feel that a little bit of tv is harmful to her. imo, using the tv as a babysitter is NOT good. it's one thing if you need a distraction to get something done for a bit, but i don't think it should be a common occurrence. that's what slings, wraps, and carriers are for. jmo...
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Mine never wanted to watch. There were a few "goodnight" type shows that where bright colors on a dark background with classical music that she would watch for short periods of time. She's almost 2 now and still won't sit through much. While tv can be eductional, it isn't always helping children develope. A lot of time a colorful book with mommy or daddy point to picutres has more impact. If you just want a break for a few minutes, then the educational ones are great.
    Anonymous

• The little einstines
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 1:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009