Hubby Jealous of Roomies!

We live with 4 roommates, 3 of which are men, so in the back of my mind I knew there could be some tension because I've known these guys longer than I've known my hubby, but I didn't really worry about it because my husband is very reasonable and I knew that if anything came up, we could work it out. Well, my Darling Husband is getting jealous-but not because of me! He's jealous of all the time my roomies spend with our son! DH works from about 5am-1:30pm and gets home around 2. Well, my roomies are young guys in their 20s, they're only playing with the kid, but its really bothering my DH. Ho do I explain to him that its good our roomies are so into our kid? It could be worse-they could resent him and the damper he's put on their lifestyle. Since we moved in they've stopped the parade of people in and out of the house and only drink on weekends and ask me if its ok for people to come over! I think my hubby is being silly!

metalhealthmama

Asked by metalhealthmama at 10:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• It's understandable for him to feel this way. You can't get him to see this though, because he will not understand nor agree with you...Dad and son should have time together one on one...maybe the movies, park or a walk every afternoon...just the two of them....Maybe you could suggest it and see how he responds...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well can't say I blame him, I would be jealous of anybody that got to spend more time with my kids than I did. Not saying it's not silly, but understandable
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm not even sure if they spend MORE time with him, really. He just gets kind of pissy when our son crawls to one of them first, lol. Its ridiculous, at least he's not afraid of them!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 10:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Just remind him that it is wonderful that your son has all of these male role models to look up to when some kids have none. Remind him that he will always be Daddy, and always loved wayyy more.

Just try to give your DH some alone time with DS and have them bond. Like an hour a day to just do Daddy/Son things...even if it's nap together on the couch!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• He should be grateful that the roomies seem like good guys. He should just have some more special dad n son time alone and let the other guys know not to disturb that special time. I'm certain they would not be offended if they care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2009