c-section

i got a c-section
it was not planned so i have no clue wut to do
my doc says to clean it just wash right above the cut and then let the water wash the soap into it
i still feel like its not getting clean (i still have the staples (spelling??) in)
and i also wanted to know how u guys sleep for the first few days after getting home from the hospital????
i cant seem to find any way that dont hurt

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to sleep in a recliner for the first week or so. If you don't have a recliner then you could stack several pillows up for a prop. As far as the cleaning goes, as long as you are doing what the doctor has instructed then it should be fine.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I did what your Dr suggested; cleaned the area right above (boy it was tender) and let the water wash over it...I also sprayed some Bactine on it during the day; and a couple of times I dabbed Hydrogen Peroxide over it (but don't do that a lot; yes it "bubbles" out the dirt and stuff but it will also get rid of new tissue growth if you use too much)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• oh and like the PP said I just propped myself up on a bunch of pillows til I was in a semi-reclined position to sleep....if you have a cat don't let him sleep in the room with you - or else you'll wake up in LOTS of pain when it decides to nap on your tummy!! lol
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had a c- section as well and yes they are no fun, but you really cant scrub the cut to much water will cause the skin to soften and make it harder to heal correctly. once you get the staples out its is going to itch like crazy and my doctor told me o could use any kind of triple antibotic cream like neasporine (yeah I know I killed the spelling of that) in a very thin layer to help with the itching, healing, and scarring But dont use this tell you get the staples out . As for the sleeping thing I had to sleep in a huge comfy chair so i was kind of upright or on the couch with some pillows behind my head which took some pressure off my belly and made it much easier to get up and down for those midnight feedings. I hope this helps, if you have any more questions i will be glad to help just send me a line. Congrats and the beautiful baby They are joyful
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 10:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Get a spongey thing for in the shower and just dab it, don't scrub!!! It will be okay, just like he said, let the soap run down it. I slept on my back and I found that getting a memory foam topper for my bed was amazing!!!! It was the one form wal mart for like 120 dollars but it helped b/c it made my bed a alittle softer and took all that pressure away. We still have the topper 3 years later and LOVE it. We're used it since then and it's great for c-sections... we even have a new bed but the topper is just a plus, totally worth the money. It gives that resistance you need after surgey. Good luck though!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had a csection with my first daughter and thank god I had a vbac with my second bc I dont know how people recover with a csection with number 2. If you are cleaning it you should be fine. When you go in to get the staples out ask your dr about it. Happy healing and congrats on your baby girl.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I dont know how people recover with a csection with number 2.

*****

Luckily my 2nd had a very similar recovery to my first - the LO is 18 mos old and I only have a very tiny numb line left but have gotten the rest of the feeling back...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OMG! I am having my first c section in August and I am absolutely terrified! This is not helping any! My DD was delivered vaginally and she will be 3 when I have these babies! How the hell am I gonna recover? I have never had surgery in my life!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had pneumonia for 6 months. 3 months before my son was born and I lost ALL my fluid. I had to have an Emergency C-Section at 36 weeks. I stayed sick until he was 3 months old. Anyhow I didn't have any problems. For some strange reason, I wanted one. I did not have to take any medicine when I cam home, I just got up slowly, the only thing that was hard was all the coughing. Constant coughing about 5,000 times a day seriously. If you were to check my medical chart, it would be there. I want another C-Section this time around. I felt so great not needing any meds. My concern was it got a little swollen but I got it checked out and it was perfectly fine.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009