Should I bring her in or not?

My daughter (she is 7 months old) was sick over the weekend. She just had a fever that was around 101. She no longer has a fever but a pretty bad cough. The only thing that concerns me is that she has a rash on the back of her upper arms, a small one starting on her stomach and a little rash starting on her face. Should I bring her in to get checked out or do you think I should just wait it out? I have heard that some kids get rashes from having a fever. Not sure if thats true or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, some kids can get a rash from having a fever ... I would call your pediatrician's office and describe your daughter's symptoms and ask if they think you should bring her in for a sick baby check. They are the professionals and would have a better idea of what ELSE it might be and whether you need to be concerned.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• With the rash I would def. take her in. Better to take her into the doctor today then wait and have to take her to the ER later if something happened.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well some kids get fever rashes, yes, there are also viral rashes. Alot of viral rashes aren't contagious once the rash breaks out, usually just during the fever stage. I would bring her in just to know what kind of rash it is.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes I would take her in. Good luck and I hope she feels better.My 3 1/2 month old son is just getting over bronchotis.
    LND

Answer by LND at 10:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• So kids do get fevers and rashes for no reason. Other times one has nothing to do with the other. The rash could be something that she has an allige to showing. The cough could be something or nothing.
    I have always found it best that if you are worried then take that worry right to the doctor. Little things could be little or they could be big. When my son was a baby he would fall asleep after eating candy and at the time we thought that it was nothing but it turned out to be a sign of diabetes.
    I would say to take her, better safe than sorry. Good luck and I hope that it turns out to be nothing and that she feels better soon.
    Butterflykola

Answer by Butterflykola at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• IMO, you should call your pedi's office and ask if they want to see her. Describe the rash, and her other signs/symptoms, and ask if they want to see her today. They might have you wait a few days, and if she's not better by then (like, Thursday or Friday), they might want you to come in. That's what my doctor's office does.
    Good luck! Hope she gets better soon!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009