Measuring big, anyone else?

I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead and today is my u/s to figure out why! I'm 36 weeks now... measuring 39?!! Anyone else? If so, what did they say was going on.....? I'm getting nervous.

Please don't answer if you are measuring right on, congrats but I need answers....

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of my EDD given according to my ultrasound. I'm now 38 weeks measuring 40 weeks. My OB never seems concerned though, so I don't worry about it either. I measured large with my last pregnancy as well, but I also had my son at 37 weeks, so I always thought maybe I actually was further along than the ultrasound predicted that time.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 10:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It could be a number of things. Are you sure about the date you conceived? It could be that or it could be that you will have a slightly larger baby than the "average" or it could be a mismeasurement. I measured about 2-3 weeks larger than I was suppose to. They did an ultrasound the day before I was induced and they told me that my baby would be about 9-10 lbs. My son came out weighing 11 lbs. 10 oz. But that was just my case, your could be different. I don't think it is anything to worry about though.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I remember measuring ahead around 32 weeks. I think I was measuring 4 weeks ahead. My doctor wasn't too worried and didn't say anything. My water ended up breaking at 36w6d. Nothing was ever said, so I was thinking maybe they just got my dates messed up.....not sure. Good luck and Congratulations!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yea im almost 28 weeks and am measuring 30 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i am measuring a head by 6 days they told me not too worry about it cause a due date is just a guess and babies can come two weeks before or two weeks after the date they give you plus with my first she was a big girl 7lbs 15oz so it could also be a sign that this little girl is going to be the same way
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yes i am 2 weeks ahead, second preg, i think my body just knows what to do now... i have been 2 weeks ahead since about 15 weeks, first u/s.... i know my date is right that i got pregs because i only had one cycle after gettting an iud out.... i an not worried as they say everything is as it should be, just ahead. dont worry..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• From weeks 28 to 32 I was measuring three weeks ahead as well, and my doctor did a couple of ultrasounds to check on my son's size. He measured completely average for the gestational week in each case, and on this last visit I was finally measuring right where I should be. The doctor told me sometimes we just carry the baby differently, or that the baby is stretching out and distorting the shape of the womb and giving a bad measure. It could also be that your baby is just riding high up in the womb, as it seemed to be in my case - he's dropped a bit since then and so far everything is fine.

I wouldn't worry about it, hon. I'm sure you're both fine.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 12:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009