Husband problems...

Ever since ive been pregnant it feels like my husband finds me less attractive.
He never wants to have sex anymore. But if he ever needs a "favor" i take care of him with nothing in return. I look at myself and i am discusted. He never just kisses me anymore and it feels like i have to beg for attention. Im 29 weeks prego and im absolutly miserable. I feel hidious and discusted with my body. Why doesn't he want to have sex with me? Ive even beed "doing all of the work", so idk why he would be scared he's gonna hurt my son. Its not like he EVER shows him attention anyways..."I know he's in there but he's not here. Why should I talk to him?"... btw my son kicks like crazy when his daddy touches him. Idk what to do, I just feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore...

Mrs.Bryant1201

Asked by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Some men can't get past the fact that a child is in there. But you should definately talk to him about it and let him know how you feel. Maybe buy him"what to expect book for daddy" It tells them that it wont hurt the baby and maybe he needs to hear it from someone that "knows" Ask your gyno to send paperwork about it home or if hubby comes to the doc with you ask the doc to let him know it is ok
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• See he's been to the dr with me and the dr said its all ok. As for the book... HA! I couldn't even get him to read the daddy chapter of what to expect when your expecting... We got into a big fight and he feels like im "pressuring" him to have sex???
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Please consider family / couples counseling. My ex and I had the very same issue and he refused to go to counseling.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• do not push him some men think that it is just creepy bc the baby is there and having sex also he doesnt have to read the book why dont you read it and while you two are riding down the road tell him bits and pieces
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 11:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I agree he may just be scared. Right now there are alot of changes for you so far as your body goes but for him all the changing is in his head. Just like we can feel all alone about what and how we feel so might he. We are lucky to have web sites like this to go to for help but what does he have really. He might not want to says how he feels out of the fear that it will come out wrong and make things worse or that his fears are not as important as yours are.
    Try sitting down with him and letting him know that the way that he is actting is hurtting you more than if he were to touch you. Let him know that you love him and that you want to send as much time with him as you can before things change for you and maybe going out one night to do what he wants and then another doing what you want then a night were you comprise might help. Guys are complicated sometimes.
    Best wish for you and yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2009