Sick kid

My 17 month old has had a bout of diaharea since yesterday around 11 when it started. I have had her on a diet of cheerios, oatmeal, bananas, water and pedialyte. She slept all night last night and never woke up with a poopy diaper so im thinking its getting better. Shes laying down right now which is unusual for her unless she doesnt feel good. I am not sure if this is viral or just something she ate but my question is... How long do you wait before calling your ped? I mean I feel like shes gonna tell me to do what I am doing and her poopy diapers have lessened quite a bit and no fever . Just some more TLC or what??

kelsbecca619

Asked by kelsbecca619 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well it's usually best to let the virus run it's course. As long as she is taking in fluids and peeing, then the risk of dehyration is lessend. So just keep doing what you are doing, fluids, rest and lots and lots of mommy love :). I hope she feels better soon.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If she develops a rash or congestion and coughing as well, I'd take her in. Jakers was doing the poopy issue a few days then when I took him in for the cough & rash, he'd gotten tonsilitis. If no fever and no other symptoms besides the potty issue then your doing everything you can.
    satilia

Answer by satilia at 12:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• THERE IS A VIRAL GOING AROUND. IF SHE STARTS TO VOMIT CONTACT YOUR PEDITRICIAN.
    earthangelyn

Answer by earthangelyn at 4:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009