Twins?

Was there any difference in your early pregnancy syptoms with twins. I'm wondering because I took a pregnancy test on 2/16 and it was negative. Then I took a bloodtest and it was positive on 2/20 and then I took a pregnancy test on 2/23 and it was positive (took a while for the line to show) and took another blood test on 2/27 and the test put me at 5-6 weeks.... which is farther along than I expected because I would think that the preggo test on 2/16 would have come out positive. So, I'm thinking there could be a possibility that its twins maybe because maybe my hormones would increase making me look further along. I hope I'm not pregnant with twins.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You probably aren't having twins... but if you do, why be upset? I would LOVE twins!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i had twins, but my blood test had very high numbers, and also urine test showed up sooner, since you have so much hcg, to me sounds like your only having one, dont worry about it, wait until you have an u/s, i had my first u/s at 6 weeks, and they found two sacs.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• ok good thats a relief. I just wou;dn't be able to handle twins right now. I already will be having 3 children 3 and under. I don't know if I could do 4 children 3 and under and breastfeed 3!!!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my doctor was thinking maybe i had been pregnant with twins (but i lost one, then the other) but i had a positive pregnancy test 1 week after conception and an ultrasound 1 and a half weeks after conceptions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins and I found out at 4 weeks. I took a pregnancy test and it came out VERY positive which was odd for me but I didn't think anything of it. I went in for a free u/s at 7 weeks and there were 2 babies, 2 sacs, 2 yolk sacs, 2 heartbeats! I was in complete shock and still am. MY DD will be 3 when they are born and I think I can handle it but everyone is different. This is a blessing for us since its my last pregnancy. I always wanted 3 kids!! LOL.

I am sure that you are only having one but I would get an ultrasound to be sure. My blood levels were through the roof at 7 weeks and there was no doubt that I was having twins.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009