What are some good shoes for work?

I work 12 hours a day and I am on my feet walking or standing for about 10 hours. I need to find some good shoes so that my feet don't hurt. Any suggestions?

scratch_n_sniff

Asked by scratch_n_sniff at 10:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• How much are you willing to spend? New balance is a great shoe however they reccomend over 600 and I say the 700 series are even better they go up to the thousands but get more expensive with number. They start around 60 but you can get them on sale if you look carefully- but remember the higher the number the better the shoe!!!
    Don't do rebook or sketchers they are so cheaply made and don't last.
    Underarmor are great shoes as well as ascis (spelling)
    I am on my feet too all day never sitting down.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I know how that goes. I used to waitress and be on my feet all the time. I would wear Shoes For Crews. They are really comfortable and they are slip resistant which is great! The range atleast $40 in price but they are worth it. I had a pair that lasted me almost 5 years. It would help to if you put Dr. Scholls in them too.

Good Luck in the search. Its hard to find a good work shoe!
    KiLora_Gifts

Answer by KiLora_Gifts at 11:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have heard awesome things about z-coil shoes. they look different, and I think for boots you can buy a cover to look like a heal and hide the spring. They are about $200 I know someone who works in an auto factory and wears these and has not had anymore back pain. they say they are awesome but I have never worn them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Go to Payless and get SafeTStep... I bought a pair 3 years ago for work... $20. They were SO comfy that they are all I wear now that I'm home full time and just went and bought a second pair last week... They are slip resistant and look nice too...

I think now they cost $30... Well worth it!

Z-Coils are also AWESOME as well as Dr. Martins but VERY Pricey!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Thanks for the answers. At this point I am willing to spend alot... probably not $200, but I know I'd be willing to spend $100, maybe a little more. I think I'll be shoe shopping this week.
    scratch_n_sniff

Answer by scratch_n_sniff at 4:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009